It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
(female)

Laurieivy HB User
Facial Shingles

Hi... I woke up last monday with two small pimple in the middle of my forehead. I let it alone for a day, then thought I would try to pop it..It wouldn't pop it just grew into a large lump... It actually gave me a very bad head ache, I held Ice on it and went about my day. By the next morning my lump had gone down into my eye.... streaking.. I work in a Elementary school health office. I went to work and the nurse was there and she told me to go right to urgent care. I told them that I thought I got bite from a spider and they gave me a shot in the butt of something for severe allergies and something orally for the itch.. the next day I wake up and my head is still hurting and I got to work.. but
by the end of the day, my eye was very swollen and my forehead was burning and my eyebrow had a big lump.... nothing to pop (more like blind pimples) When I got to my doctor. He suspected shingles.. He said it attacks the weakest immune part of your body.. which is my left eye as I have (Ocular Myasthenia Gravis) Anyway.. all of this happen on Friday... I was wondering if this will be done by Monday? Can I work around the kids? I am suppose to fly to San Francisco on the 11th for my daughter in laws graduation and to see my granddaughter whom I haven't seen since Christmas. Will I be contagious? Stress I know doesn't help my situation, but I need to know how to deal with this. The doctor put me on Acylovir, predinisone and antibiotics and eye drops..Please help... Thanks:O

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Facial Shingles

Unfortunately, it usually takes a few weeks for shingles to clear up, even with antiviral medicines. Until your blisters all crust over, you are contagious, and people who have not had chickenpox or chickenpox vaccine yet can catch it from you.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

Laurieivy HB User

I guess I was expecting that after taking the medicine that I would continually get better everyday... I seem to be in more pain everyday.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Unfortunately, shingles is a long-lasting illness. Three weeks if you get antivirals right away, but it can last months if you don't.

If the pain is bad, ask the doctor for a nerve pain medicine such as Neurontin.

Closed Thread