HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Shingles (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/shingles/)
-   -   Hell pain shingles (helvetesild) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/shingles/926176-hell-pain-shingles-helvetesild.html)

Cisssy85 11-05-2012 07:02 AM

Hell pain shingles (helvetesild)

I am only 27/f with 2 kids and loving husband.. Now sufferring from shingles :-( its been a week by now.
I am so healthy and never been so sick til now. For the last few months i am complaining already bout my backache. Then last weekend it is terrible pain but still can manage it. A day after i felt the pain , i took a shower then comes out a lump that is juz tiny as pimple. Weve juz thought it is only pimple at the back of my left chest. Then 3rd day came and its already almost 5inches :-( and really hell pain :-( i went to the doctor and she told me it is shingles.. juz prescribed me ibufropen or paracetamol for the pain.. doesnt even know or sure until when it will be here :-(.. Though i have that im still working :-( but atleast will have 1week rest now.. it is bursting in oain.. like my husband told me it looks like 2nd degree burn :-( and feels fire at my back and it looks so yuckyyyy :-( i live in Norway and it seems only medicine they can prescribe is paracetamol and ibufropen :-(.. and yet still positive that it will soon heal and gone..

anna2012 12-01-2012 12:56 AM

Re: Hell pain shingles (helvetesild)

Omg, paracetamol is not enough for shingles! No wonder you are in agony.

Can you see another doctor, in case they have a second opinion? If you can, you should ask for valacyclovir. It stops the pain very quickly and helps it heal up faster. Acyclovir is not nearly as good, but if it is all they will give you, take it.

I have heard that capsaicin can relieve the pain. Capsaicin ointments are sold over the counter in the US. You could purchase it online and have it shipped to you- even better if you find a country closer to you selling it (I'd check the UK). It sounds counter-intuitive, but capsaicin is part of cayenne pepper. It temporarily numbs nerves so they cannot transmit pain signals.

You can also dull the pain by swallowing cayenne pepper capsules or eating hella-spicy food with lots of cayenne. And if you don't normally eat spicy food, go easy...it packs serious heat. Personally, I can't eat it in food, so I take a capsule of it. You can usually buy cayenne or capsaicin capsules at vitamin shops. If not, you will definitely find the powder form at an Indian or Asian grocery store.

I looked online and found a study saying gallate derivatives are anti-viral. You can get this by drinking green tea. Coffee also helps you fight off viruses.

Ah, and then there's this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22017068

It might be hard in Norway right about now, but if at all possible, you should expose the sore to UV and Infrared light. Sunlight will do it. But if you can't get enough sunlight to help, go to the hardware store and ask for help finding a near-infrared heat lamp bulb and/or some sort of bulb that produces UV light (I think a black light would). Don't keep exposing yourself to the UV light after you heal, though. infrared is okay. Infrared will also dull pain and promote much faster healing.

Cisssy85 12-02-2012 10:57 AM

Re: Hell pain shingles (helvetesild)

Thank u so much Anna :-) After 2days ive posted bout my shingles .. OMG !!! It get worst like i want to juz die.. coz it started to pop out and for 3nights i did not , i did not get any sleep coz of the pain :-( Norway is a very good country to live in.. but when it comes to your health problem.. th are totally sucksss !! No offend for norwegian.
but thats how ive observed her.. ive read all bout shingles treatment abd tell it to my husband but he juz replied it is not effective and it is juz expensive :(.. Good to know i am pain tolerance and it is really high .. I have had that ******* shingles for 2weeks but acting like it is normal coz i need to work.. :-( il never forget that kind of illness ! To think , it is very seldom i am getting sick here.. Halleluiah ! Now u am free of shingles :-)
Btw thank you for the response :-)

Cisssy27 :-);)