It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

Susanmom HB User
Shingles pain

In the middle of November, I got like 5 little dots on my skin, all in a straight line from the middle of my back and around to my belly button. At first I thought they were flee bites because they itched so bad! The following day the 5 dots became more like 30, but still itching like crazy! The following morning I woke up to what looked like a HUGE raised rash covering the middle of my bad, around my side and all the way to my belly button! Now it was a combination of itch and hurt like heck. By the following day, the itch was gone, and my rash turned into blisters, and I was in extreme pain. I can honestly say that this pain to me is worse than child birth only because it never goes away! It hurt to breath, or even walk for any length of time. I couldn't wear any shirts and my pants had to be below my pelvic bone. I couldn't even cover up at night, because having the sheets touch them was too painful. The water running over them in the shower was also too painful! I'm on my 7th week of the shingles!!! The rash is 85% gone, and beginning to itch again. It's a weird feeling actually. I itch in some spots, and other spots it still hurts to have clothes touch it, and completely numb in other spots! The area where it hurts now feels like a really bad sun burn. I can't explain the numbness other than weird. I go to scratch it, but I can't feel anything. I don't know how long this will last for. All I know is that it's been 7 weeks and I'm so sick of it! If I helped anyone with this I'm glad. I have an extreme case of it. My nephew had it and was done with it in a week with very little spots or pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to Susanmom:
FUPHN (01-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread