It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

AJA36 HB User
Unhappy Had shingles on foot and leg. still suffering

I'm 36 and fighting stage 4 breast cancer. About 4 months ago I had shingles on my right foot and up my lower leg. The pain was in my sciatic nerve and all down my leg and foot. Was in hospital for 3 days and bed ridden w nerve pain and pain from blisters for 2wks. I am still having bad nerve pain in foot and lower leg..also have neuropathy from chemo. I also started getting different types of rashes on body from my chemo I've been on for 7 months. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what can be done. I take one lyrica at bedtime to take the edge off bit don't want to live on this stuff. Lavendar oil did wonders when I had the blisters but doesn't help w the nerve pain anymore. I don't want to live w this pain forever. Help

Old 06-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Had shingles on foot and leg. still suffering

Sometimes a course of Prednisone will help the nerve pain. Obviously that has to be approved by all your Drs. since you are on chemo. Lyrica is ok to take during the day too but a lower dose may be needed as it causes drowsiness. Capsaicin cream can help the pain from shingles, and Neurontin is similar to Lyrica if there is any chance your rash may be a side effect from that instead of the chemo. Neither Lyrica or Neurontin are addictive, and both quiet the nerve pain sensations from inflamed nerves. Prednisone reduces the inflammation, but also suppresses the immune system. I hope some of this helps. You can also try ice packs to numb the area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply