It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User
rotator cuff...

Hi, I've had a problem with my rotator cuff for over 5 years now. I don't have health insurance, so when I went to the doctor (an othapedic) he took x-rays and did some basic motion testing and said that it sounded like my rotator cuff is injured or torn. No way to find out unless I have an MRI. Anywa, I've been dealing with the pain for over 5 years now, and I was wondering if anyone else with an inury like that has noticed the pain spreading throught the collar bone.

There are times where I sleep with my clothes on because I cant raise my arm above my head. I noticed about a year ago that the pain is now starting from my shoulder and all the way across my collar bone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
(female)

snowdrift HB User
Re: rotator cuff...

I injured my shoulder about eight years ago. Mine was diagnosed as a "cartilage tear" although I didn't get any specifics. Now I've enough research to know that it's probably a labral tear of some kind. I got a few weeks of PT at the time, but no follow up and no MRI.

Like yourself, I had insurance problems. I was either without insurance or couldn't afford to use my insurance (high deductible+high copays) for years.
Finally now I'm able to take care of it.

Yes, my injury has worsened significantly over the years. I've adapted around it. Right now, I'm typing with my left elbow propped up on a pillow to lessen the stress on my shoulder. Mine was originally just a light pain with certain motions, like opening doors, or certain weight-bearing motions in sports. I hurt it in judo and have had to give up the judo because of the injury.

Now, it's an intense achiness much of the time, and the pain radiates down my arm into my hand. Very intense stabbing pain in the back of my shoulder much of the time. Numbness and tingling in my hand. Sometimes neck pain. It seems that shoulder often get a lot worse over time. I'm worried that mine is already too far gone to fix.

I've read that the major symptom of a rotator cuff problem is limited range of motion and pain on the front and top of the shoulder--which is what leads me to think that mine is something different--but I have learned that when a shoulder injury is not treated for a long time, the symptoms and effects can be pretty extensive. So many things are affected, and the muscles throughout that whole larger area have to compensate for the damaged tissue.

I hope we can both get some resolution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

thesouth1980 HB User

Yes, I'm pretty sure I have a rotator cuff injury. I cant raise my arm all the way up to shave that arm, (I know a little graphic) but I've managed. I think whatever "injury" is there, has worsened and spread throughout my collar bone.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
(male)

tattman HB User

I am one of the lucky ones as I'm due to have my shoulder operated on in August for the second time.
When the pain is there it will radiate down my bicep and along my collarbone also. But here what I don't like when its real bad I get pains in my chest it feels like I'm having a heart attack (not that I have ever had one). It hurts so much I have to sit or lay there motionless.
I have had the injection in it and they do work for a time but again wear off.
And the part wher you have to injection you feel really good but I think this is when you do more damage as you move it more which is causing damage but yiou just cant feel it.

Closed Thread