It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Misnatch HB User
Shoulder Surgeries

Hello New member been reading for a while and I have a question for those who have had multiple full thickness tears and re-tears. I had a nasty fall in the fall of 2009 and the result was a total full thickness tear with 6cm retraction of the rotator cuff and bicep tendons. My surgeon repaired the cuff and re-attached the bicep and I ended up with 5 non asbsorbable anchors. I had rehab for about 5 months and the shoulder really did not seem to get better but I kept going with PT In April he repaired the other shoulder that was also damged in the fall this one was not as severe 3 cm tear . That shoulder has almost returned to full function and I am very pleased with the surgury Then right after that surgury I was reaching with my right arm the bad one and I felt a extremly painful shock on the top of the shoulder. My surgeon didan MRI and it showed a full conplete re-tear of the cuff. Did the surgury in Aug and he indicated it was a massive tear and he said he was able to get it back together but he was only able to get 2 anchors and that I needed very conservative rehab. It has been almost 4 months and I do not have a good felling about my recovery. Some of it may be that I am very worried I will tear the cuff again and the surgeon said this was it he wouldnot be able to do anymore repair if the cuff re-tore. So my question has anyone else had this experience and did you recover what was the lenght of recovery time and how much use did you regain of the repaired arm. Like I said I am trying hard with my therapy but it is going so slow and I am so tentative to really push it the little my therapist askes me to. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

maddysaur HB User
Re: Shoulder Surgeries

I had surgery on my rotator cuff and librium last August during summer. It has taken me 4 months to heal, and yesterday mine came out again. I had a 360 degree tear.
The most you can do is continue going to Physical Therapy (I know it's expensive) and doing exercizes that can help tighten the cuff and strengthen the muscles.

Everyone heals differently, at seperate rates. It all depends on if you already have hypermobile joints or if your joints are relatively tight.

Good Luck!
-Maddy(:

Closed Thread