It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

swoopmj HB User
Rotator cuff injury

Approximately 12 months ago I injured my L shoulder skydiving and it slowly responded to physio. About 7 months ago I had Proximal Row Carpectomy on my L wrist and the result for the wrist was good. However my shoulder has become a lot worse and the preliminary determination of an ultrasound was fluid in the rotator cuff consistant with a bursitis .Blood tests show an increase in C Reactive Protein and a mildly elevated ESR.
I wonder if the change in dynamics in the use of my arm after the PRC Procedure has contributed to or caused the problems with my shoulder which is far worse now than it was after the initial injury and I am having a real problem with pain management and have a significant problem with loss of function in my left arm.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
(male)

swoopmj HB User
Rotator Cuff Injury

Around 12 months ago I injured my rotator cuff skydiving with moderate pain and some motion restriction. Recently this has flared up with severe pain and significant motion restriction despite no obvious further injury. The initial injury settled slowly with physio and exercise.
About 7 months ago I had a Proximal Row Carpectomy on my L wrist and I am wondering if the change in dynamics with the use of this arm has contributed to or aggravated the rotator cuff injury. There doesnt appear to be a tear on the ultrasound but I have not seen the report but there was fluid in the joint.
There is an increase in C Reactive Protein and a mildly elevated ESR.
As far as the wrist is concerned the PRC Procedure has been successful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread