It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

amyinnc HB User
Slap tear surgery....would love to hear experiences

Hi everyone! I'm Amy, 36 stay home mom and live in NC. I am having slap tear surgery on april 1.
Its a minor tear from what we can tell from the MRI, but nonetheless, i'm nervous. I have been reading up online but there aren't alot of forums, etc for this type of thing.
Would love to hear your experiences from this type of surgery!
thanks
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Re: Slap tear surgery....would love to hear experiences

I have had 3 rotator cuff surgeries. The first one was 4 years ago and was a slap and supraspinatus tendon repair. I did my own Pt and recovered in about 4-6 months. The reason I had to go back the 2nd time was to tighten it up and the last which was in december is because I retore the supraspinatus tendon, but for you it shouldn't be as bad. Just make sure you feel good about your surgeon and you have all your questions answered. If I can help anymore, please let me know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
(female)

amyinnc HB User
Re: Slap tear surgery....would love to hear experiences

Thanks for the reply. I am VERY confident with my surgeon and the whole practice.
As of now its just slap repair, but of course you never truly know until they get in there!
I don't handle pain well, or pain meds for that matter..so im praying it isn't to bad afterwards!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
(male)

bulldog0930 HB User
Exclamation Re: Slap tear surgery....would love to hear experiences

first week is rough. u realize how much u use ur shoulderut it will in time get better. took me months to feel better and my friends told me one day u wake up and the pain is gone, six months later. goodnews is that u will be able to do most as u did before. now have issues with the other shoulder and just did an ulnar surgery where thr first week the pain lkevel was a solid 10.

Closed Thread