It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
(male)

llwta76 HB User
Shoulder and arm pain

Hi. I'm 63 and am healthy w/very moderate physical activity. About 3 mo. ago I began feeling a ache in my shoulder between my bursa and bicep. This moderate pain slowly crept into my upper arm w/ little shots of pain from time to time into my bicep. I also feel what seems to be muscle pain (ache) to the left side of my upper back in the "wing" area. The shoulder ache/pain has since crept into my forearm and I find my finger(only the one next to my pinky)at the finger joint is noched or hinged when my fingers are curled inward to my palm and I move them so as to straighten them out. This hinged effect is directly related to how uncomfortable my arm is feeling at the time. The pain is never the same and is enough to wake me in the middle of the night and I can't sleep a/c of being uncomfortable. It hurts to raise my arm up over my head but is reduced immediately after a session w/ my chiropracter. Oh! he put this arm(left one) across my chest while lying down over to the right arm and put his body weight on it and it was very painful in my left shoulder. One more thing. Sometimes I sense perhaps a little numbness in a couple of my fingertips. Thanks for any help! Larry

Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
(female)

scraps HB User
Re: Shoulder and arm pain

Hi,
I have a frozen shoulder which is also very painful. The pain you have sounds very similar, but I cannot even imagine the pain of having someone put their body weight on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
(male)

joelius0510 HB User

Hi Larry.. So sorry to hear about your shoulder pain. Have you tried any active release techniques or active stretching techniques with a physical therapist? I've had some pretty severe shoulder pain for the last many months and have seen some pretty amazing results with active stretching. Stay strong and keep looking for solutions..

Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I had some similar problems a few years ago. You might try researching Shoulder Impingement Syndrome. Bursitis and tendonitis will accompany this.

They usually recommend ice and NSAIDS. Then PT. I ended up seeing a shoulder orthopedic specalist who did an MRI to confirm the impingement. He ended up doing arthroscopic surgery to shave down the acromiom which can develop bone spurs. With some care and PT, I'm finally back to normal. Prior to the surgery, I gradually lost much of my range of motion. Worst part of it was that I hadn't done anything to injure it.

Hope this helps.

MountainReader

Closed Thread