It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
(female)

shady123 HB User
Cool Shoulder decompression sugery

Hi every one . I am due to have shoulder decompression surgery on 5th July, my consultant seems a little baffled by my case i think. I have untreated sprengel shoulder on right side with Poland syndrome on right side as well (I have had a lot of reconstruction to build a breast over the years) . I have the pectoralis major abscent and a small pectoralis minor, very small deltoid, small scapular, a small lung on right, deformed ribs on right, and god knows what else. I have had problems since birth with my arm it has limited abduction and over the last 15 years have a bone spur and awfull pain which has limited the use even more. After years of physio, injections and the works I said just go in and have a look round as I can,t stand the pain. I also have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in spine for chroinc lumbar disc problems this was done at christmas time. My neck is also a problem with pain in the discs. It has made it tricky to sort my shoulder as I now can,t have MRI,s because of implant. I am just wondering if any one out there has similar, problems with sprengel or polands, I seem to be getting more problems each year lol and i,m only 43. I am hoping this shoulder surgery will ease some of the pain, but worry that I am only skimming the suface as to what else is wrong with the neck and scapular. Any feed back would be greatly received.

Tracy

Last edited by shady123; 06-07-2011 at 02:48 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to shady123:
Takoda2011 (06-12-2011)
Closed Thread