It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
(male)

MrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB User
1 week ago woke up and since then, I can't move my shoulder

Now i just can't . i mean i can if i try slowly but i get extreme cramps just with any little movement. Someitmes i can bypas the pain by moving verry very slow. but for the most part and especialy at nights , i just can't move it.

As soon as i start raising or raising to the side, it feels as if the ligaments are being pullled veeeeeery painful.

INteresting shoulder circles with the arms totally down, don't hurt very much.
but doing any type of lifiting of my arm does hurt.

Went to Ortho DR last week, he said from the xray there was nothing wrong. wanted to do MRI but i refused cause dont have money. He said something about burstitis although he wasn't sure. He just said "Yup.. sometimes things like this happen" . give it a few weeks.

And gave me a resistance band for therapy. which i dont know if i should be doing cause it seems if i do it i'm damaging myself more.

So, here we are, i cant move, i cant sleep.
I keep waking up every night like 3 hours later and again my shoulder gets extreme pain again . It's like during the day time it gets alitttle tiny better ,but at night if i lay down i get up 3 or 4 hours later and i wake up with worse pain. stiff and can't move it.

Im 31 and really i dont understand how i got this damaged while sleeping

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
(male)

Re: 1 week ago Woke up and Since, i cant ove my shoulder

Thanks all.

Well tonight like every night, wake up at 2:50am after goig to bed at 11:30pm, and unbearable pain and can't move my shoulder at all. but i tried to(although difficult) to sleep and had a little night sleep. woke up. i had pain but then i got up and now for some reason, although painful still, i can lift my arm all the way up. Yesterday and the days before and even at night yesterday i couldn't even move. now all of asudden i can more.

So maybe it is a inpinged nerve and it somehow got released today in the morning. Note that i've been in unbearable pain and couldn't move for the whole past week

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

A few years ago, I woke up with shoulder pain. I couldn't recall doing anything to injure it either. Despite use of NSAIDS and icing it, it quickly got worse and I was losing range of movement. I went to my PCP and did PT without much luck.

The ortho did x-rays but they didn't show anything. The MRI showed I had a shoulder impingement. My Ortho and PT already pretty much knew that from my physical check though.

My diagnosis was a shoulder impingement w/ bursitis & tendonitis. A cortizone shot was used as a good diagnostic. When it worked well, by doc new the direction my treatment needed to head.

You might try doing searches using the keyword "shoulder impingement syndrome."

Do you have trouble with upper movements? That was what was worst for me at first. Then I lost ROM to my back.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
(male)

Thanks for your post.

Yeah i actually don't know what i have. It might be impigement or not and also bursitis but well it feels pretty bad.

I can lift the arm now but i have a lot of pain. And i was holding something, then sudden dropped it and i attempted to catch it and so i had to move my arm fast and it hurt really bad.

At least now i can move my arm more but it's hurting bad too.

The Psychologist who i went to today, HAPPENED to be a physical therapists too. And she checked me and saw one of my shoulders hangs lower and she said that might be one of the causes. i have spine problems and it affects other things too.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

You seem to have an acute diffuse subdeltoid bursitis. The history and your loss of range fits. This condition just appears for no reason, no need for injury. If you lean forward you most likely can rotate your arm fully making the hand face forward. Usually it takes a few days to get really bad and after that severe and often constant. Sleep is always affected. The severe pain lasts about seven days then eases slowly ending at 5 to 6 weeks. At this stage you should able to raise your arm fully but for a week or two will have some discomfort for a few degrees in mid arc. In the meantime use some ice and do repetative, non movement squeezing of the shouldre muscles which may pump away some of the fluid in the bursa. If it does not settle get a shot as Mountain reader suggested. Good luck.
James

Closed Thread