It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
(male)

rezadu HB User
Tendon Tear in Shoulder

i have a question about the pain I currently have. About 4 months ago I injured my shoulder working out. Got an mri and was told I have a small tear. Doc says he is confident it will heal on its own with PT. So I do PT and give it time. I follow up with the doctor 2 months later (yesterday) and he said that if i was still having the same pain after this much time to go ahead and get surgery. He wanted a second opinion so another doctor came in. He was very aggressive with my arm and found a particular spot where it really hurt. he said to give me a shot of cortisone. so i get the shot and man after a few hours, pain was gone. I had full motion of my shoulder that i didnt have before. went to sleep, and when I woke up, my shoulder hurts more now than before. but the weird thing is, is that it hurts in a completely different spot than before. Original pain was in the front of the shoulder, and now its in the back near my tricep (upper back shoulder). It hurts so bad. I still have the movement I didnt have before but it hurts. Is this normal with cortisone shots? Will this pain go away?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Tendon Tear in Shoulder

not that i heard of. surgery might be the answer or another injection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread