It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

amyinnc HB User
5 months post op, pain almost daily still...slap and rotator cuff tear.

I had shoulder surgery 5 months ago. Went in to have a slap tear repaired, and also discovered small rotator cuff tear (didn't show on mri) so he fixed that too.

Went 12 weeks of PT.

I am STILL IN PAIN!! It seems more now than I was 2-3 months after. I can honestly say i do not go a full 24 hours without feeling my shoulder.
Last dr appt, he kind of was like well, you ahve to go easy, blah blah...

but really? Should I still be in pain now? I HATE pain pills and only take when I absolutely have to. I have an appt in 2 weeks ago..but almost wondering if I should call earlier.
At this point...an MRI may show nothing..then...what do I do?

Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: 5 months post op, pain almost daily still...slap and rotator cuff tear.

How much range of motion do you have and what PT have you been having for the last 12 weeks.
James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

amyinnc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by james079 View Post
How much range of motion do you have and what PT have you been having for the last 12 weeks.
James
myrange of motion when i was discharged from PT was in the 80s I believe.

I have good range...but it does hurt when I do it. i dont go a day without some sort of pain. I can do the simplest move and I hurt for a while after.

I just didn't think I should still be feeling so much this far out.

Got an appt for weds morning, so will see

Old 09-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i had pt for 6 months. my dr said it will take a full year. are you doing your exercises and sometimes ypu just have to push a little harder. hopefully the dr will explain what is really going on.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
(female)

amyinnc HB User

I did PT for 12 weeks, whcih they said was the norm. Plus all my insurance would pay for. I do still do slight things at home, but at this point wasn't advised to follow much of a routine with it.
i am just so tired of hurting during the day, having it wake me up a few times a night...frustrating

Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

but you have to do the exercises at home. strengthening is the only answer at this point

Closed Thread