It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

jclose522 HB User
Bicep tendon injury

I am new to the boards and I am diagnosed with psoratic arthrits approximately three years ago and being treated for the arthritis. Approximately 3 weeks ago I was involved in an auto accident and had an MRI of my right shoulder which showed no rotator cuff tear but that they could not exclude the possibility of a tear in my bicep tendon!!! I can hardly move my arm and having alot of problems with my elbow! I am not able to work because I am a legal typist and I am right hand dominated which is the arm that I am having a problem with! The surgeon wants me to take the conservative treatment of PT but I really don't have months to wait for it to be resolved since my job is putting pressure to return! I know the tear will not resolve itself. Is there any other test they can take to definitely confirm the partial tendon tear???

Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Bicep tendon injury

Hi welcome to the board. the biceps has three tendons, one insertion at the elbow and two originating at the shoulder. At the shoulder is a long head and a short head. It would be my advice to see a physio soonest, the longer you wait the more chronic it may become. As well as treating you they will give you a home program to help you along and it should be helped in weeks not months.
James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
(male)

kolbrun2606 HB Userkolbrun2606 HB User

I do fully agree with James. If you don´t search for a PT right now you might get into even more serious problems!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
(male)

cprevbhayes HB User

I had a biceps tear after my rotator cuff surgery. Not to discourage you, but it was more painful than the cuff. They cleaned it up, and anchored it back on the bone. On the good side, I have a nice 4-inch long scar on top of my shoulder that my son says makes me look cool! Get it checked out. I'm about finished with PT now, and almost back to normal. Don't let it drag on, or it will be worse!!

Closed Thread