It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

Cindicam HB User
big issues after 2nd rotator cuff repair surgery

Rotator cuff injury in 2008 repaired in 2009 (also burs removed) shortly after surgery extreme pain in forearm lose use of 3 fingers drop whatever holding and right side of hand & fingers still tingling but numb same time. 2nd rotator cuff repair 2010 somewhat stronger and mobility is ok. Still have instability daily and hand & fingers still tingling & numb. Doc says this has nothing to do with injury or the treatment for the injury. Is he right?
I can't lift a gallon of milk without extreme pain and then if I do hold it I usually drop it. Is this a normal effect of this injury or its treatment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: big issues after 2nd rotator cuff repair surgery

i have no idea. maybe you should see a neurologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
(female)

xilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB Userxilch HB User
Re: big issues after 2nd rotator cuff repair surgery

Hi CindiCam,
I, too, am recuperating from rotator cuff surgery -- and although I've only completed 3 months of recovery, I find the pain/arm weakness/numbness/etc. very difficult. Not that it helps you much, but I'm told this is quite normal and that it isn't abnormal to take 1 to 2 years to get 'back' to some sense of normalness. You have waited much much longer -- and is it possible for you to see another surgeon/doctor for a second opinion on what may be going on for so long? Wishing you well -- and hugs.

The following user gives a hug of support to xilch:
kolbrun2606 (11-01-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to xilch For This Useful Post:
diffleywan (05-22-2012)
Closed Thread