It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Labrum question

My surgeon said after looking at my MRI that my labrum is still intact but is detached from the socket. He said it will require surgery to get it back on the socket. My question is has anyone had this repair and what happens if you let it go to long before other problems occur or how worse will it get with postponing surgery? How important is it to get fixed?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
(male)

07fz6 HB User
Re: Labrum question

[QUOTE=renegaderob18;4880298]My surgeon said after looking at my MRI that my labrum is still intact but is detached from the socket. He said it will require surgery to get it back on the socket. My question is has anyone had this repair and what happens if you let it go to long before other problems occur or how worse will it get with postponing surgery? How important is it to get fixed?[/QUOTe

Unless you are truly in pain or experiencing instability I would avoid surgery the only way you should consider surgery with no pain is if your an athlete. Your body is the most advanced piece of machinery on this planet you would be surprised what its capable of last thing it needs is a money hungry doctor inside poking around. I highly suggest wieghing all your options and make surgery last resort, and start taking glucosomine and condrodint it truly helps I'm in school to be a physical therapist and just had surgery on my left shoulder halloween day and they wanna do my right I no what your going through best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Re: Labrum question

Thanks for the reply. The shoulder wasn't to bad except when sleeping on it, but now the last couple of weeks I am starting to feel pain when trying to lift something or raise my arm higher then my shoulders. It is getting uncomfortable. I go see the doc December 1st to get my stitches out of my knee which is fine now, so I will be addressing the shoulder since it is giving me more problems. I've had 4 left shoulder surgeries on the rotator cuff and clean ups. One of the reasons I've had so many on the left side is, because i waited for years to have the surgery and now I'm paying the price on that shoulder, so I don't want to wait years on my right shoulder since we know the labrum is off the socket and more complications have been starting over the last few weeks. I am hoping if I choose surgery it will be the right choice.

Closed Thread