It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

apacheguy HB User
second mumfords procedure?

Back in September I had the Mumfords procedure performed (distal clavical resection with AC decompression) well PT has not been going well for me, I have not been able to gain back much strength and I'm having the same problems as I did before surgery..... I.E. I get alot of pain and discomfort when you moving my arm in certain directions, sometimes I'll have zero strength when lifting my arm out in front of me, lots of "ratchety" sounds coming from my shoulder.... My therapist is not too pleased to say the least and she has referred me back to an ortho surgeon... I really don't want to have to undergo this procedure again, I'm basically just trying to see if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone has some advice for me or if there are certain questions I should ask the ortho doc when I see him... Any input Is greatly appreciated

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
(male)

YukonHal HB User
Re: second mumfords procedure?

I had a Mumford Procedure.done after having a torn Rotar Cuff. Then still having problems, another Orthro. Surgeon suggested that I have a Mumford procedure. As I understood a Mumford procedure is something you can only have done once, like having your Appendix taken out, and the Surgeon a greed with me. I mentioned to the Surgen that the first surgery I had on my shoulder was a Mumford procedure and he said that whatever surgery I had it was not a Mumford procedure. I guess that is why it took the insurance company a very long time to get the surgery approved. I don't know what was done in the first surgery,but the insurance company was billed for a Mumford procedure, that was never done. After having 6 or 7 surgeries on my left shoulder I still can't lift my arm any higher than my shoulder and I would give anything to live without the chronic pain in that shoulder. YukonHal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
(male)

YukonHal HB User
Re: second mumfords procedure?

I had a Mumford Procedure.done after having a torn Rotar Cuff. Then still having problems, another Orthro. Surgeon suggested that I have a Mumford procedure. As I understood a Mumford procedure is something you can only have done once, like having your Appendix taken out, and the Surgeon a greed with me. I mentioned to the Surgen that the first surgery I had on my shoulder was a Mumford procedure and he said that whatever surgery I had it was not a Mumford procedure. I guess that is why it took the insurance company a very long time to get the surgery approved. I don't know what was done in the first surgery,but the insurance company was billed for a Mumford procedure, that was never done. After having 6 or 7 surgeries on my left shoulder I still can't lift my arm any higher than my shoulder and I would give anything to live without the chronic pain in that shoulder. YukonHal

Closed Thread

Tags
mumford, shoulder, surgery