It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

GEB308 HB User
6 weeks post massive rotater cuff repair

Hi all, Just found the site. Hope to get some feedback here, as this is so frustrating! I had a massive tear in my rotater cuff repaired 6 weeks ago. Last Wed I felt increased pain and heard a "pop"~ Doc ordered another MRI and I found out yesterday that I have a "Full thickness tear"~ I have not been able to speak with my surgeon yet but am quite worried....I have RA also which he says plays a major factor. Am I looking at more surgery? It has been so painful! Thanks for your input..GEB

Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: 6 weeks post massive rotater cuff repair

The rotator cuff is actually made up of 4 tendons. Do you know how many he fixed or were torn? Do you know which one is torn again?

I also have RA and have had a rotator cuff repair. My surgeon wouldn't even let me use my shoulder for 6 weeks so how much were you using the shoulder?

Maybe you need a new doc who is up on the latest treatment of these tendons in someone with RA. Mine has been fine for the past 7 years due to the very slow pace at which it was rehabed. Made a huge difference.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Re: 6 weeks post massive rotater cuff repair

I've had my rotator cuff repaired 3 times with three different docs. The first two never repaired it correct. The last doc I feel did it correct due to to the knowledge I've learned and from the conversation I've had with him. With the first two docs I didn't know anything about the surgery. With the last doc He explained to me it was my supraspinatis tendon along with calcium deposits so hw was going to cut a little of the collar bone so the calcium would not come back and keep tearing the tendon, which the other two docs should have done, but never did. Do you know which tendon is torn or area and if you have calcium deposits? If not ask him. Ask as many questions as you can and if you need help I can try to help since I've had 3 surgeries on the rotaotr cuff and just a recent one on my labrum.

Closed Thread