It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

Amy4kids HB User
Crutches have irritated my shoulder

Hi,
I am new to the health boards, but always read the post when I have something going on with my health. I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder 10 months ago. Basically to remove debris and help with pain. Well now I have been on crutches due to ankle surgery (that's a whole other board I need to post on) for 4 weeks with about 4 more to go, and my shoulder is killing me. I've been to pt twice and it's still knotted up and sore. Has anyone had problems with their shoulder after surgery, and what did you do to fix it?
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Crutches have irritated my shoulder

Well, first it sounds like you need a walking aid other than crutches, at least for long distance. A wheelchair or knee walker might be easier to get around on.

Second, you might need to resume shoulder exercises a few times a day. Ask your PT about that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread