It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

capodo HB User
Left Shoulder pain

I'll try to make this short. I'm known for being wordy...

1) Dealing with low-level ache in my left shoulder by the blade near the spine. It's happened off and on for over a year altogether.
2) Haven't really done any heavy lifting or any strength training in two weeks.
3) Did opt for a "chair massage" (from one of those chair massage machines) last Sunday. Shoulder really hadn't bothered me before then.
4) I'm moderately active, though very hindered right now. I was recently diagnosed with severe arthritis in my left knee along with 2 tears in the meniscus (I'm limping a bit). I do what I can though exercise wise - eliptical and bike for at least 40mins 4x a week.

Can NOT figure out what could be causing the shoulder pain. Wondering if the massage chair messed me up. Or that plus my whole body balance is off with the bad leg? I'm rather stressed right now which probably doesn't help.

And then I worry it could be heart related. I have several factors that are NOT in my favor when it comes to potential heart problems (I am overweight, my family has a history of heart issues, etc).

I do have an appointment to see my doctor this coming Tuesday. I can't imagine this pain is heart related... but I just don't know anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Left Shoulder pain

If you have any thoracic or scapular pain and you are overweight with heart conditions in the family get a work up on your cardiovascular system. Lots of stuff in the medical news these days of how females present differently than males with heart conditions. After that has been ruled out get looked at for a mucsculosketal problem.
James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread