It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

Pacobell3 HB User
hydro (water) therapy for frozen shoulder

I am 6 weeks post op for massive rotator cuff tear, shoulder impingement an adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). Therapy is KILLING me with the pain. Saw the surgeon this week and although I do not have full ROM he said he did not expect it at this point due to my age,55, and the severity of my surgery. He is recommending water therapy for the frozen shoulder. Even tho he broke up the capsule during surgery, with 6 weeks of inactivity it is freezing again. I was wondering if anyone has had water therapy and how it worked for you. BTW, I just got my arm back (no sling) yesterday. The feelling is quite odd having limited use of this limp noodle. Dr said to take it slow an easy or be sorry. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: hydro (water) therapy for frozen shoulder

Sounds like you have had a lot go on. I had a SLAP tear repaired on the 24th of January, and started passive therapy on the 24th of February. It is slow going and is very painful. I still take pain medication before every session. I am forutunate to have a very good therapist that knows how hard to push, I am just a few years younger then you and also was on the verge of a frozen shoulder. So, this is not an easy recovery. I am just starting to be able to do some active range of motion and wieghted exercises. Now, my wrist and elbow are sore from the different motions and I have had surgery on both many years ago. So, although I have not had hydro therapy, my words of advice are you have to take it slow. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread