It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

Bmwmama HB UserBmwmama HB UserBmwmama HB User
surgery May 18th... Not really excited! :(

I have been sitting here reading about everyone's surgeries.....I am scared to death!! I should not have looked this up!!! My surgery is May 18 Friday. I will be the first one 7;30 am.I am having bone spur and a tiny tear surgery. All done with scope. I will not have the nerve block(to many side effects)..It will be better.. i was told to just take pain meds.regularly.I am ready for this as I have been suffering for 2 years. I can take it easy after surgery.I wont get bored.Really wondering about pain!

Last edited by Bmwmama; 05-16-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: i wanted to

Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
(female)

Lady Ninja HB User
Re: surgery May 18th ..Not really excited! :(

Keep me up to date on your surgery and responses. I am scheduled for Friday, June 1, 2012 in Honolulu, and while I am afraid, I am actually looking forward to it as I have suffered for many years and it was not discovered until I had MRIs in both shoulders....Take care.

The following user gives a hug of support to Lady Ninja:
kolbrun2606 (05-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

Bmwmama HB UserBmwmama HB UserBmwmama HB User
Re: surgery May 18th ..Not really excited! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ninja View Post
Keep me up to date on your surgery and responses. I am scheduled for Friday, June 1, 2012 in Honolulu, and while I am afraid, I am actually looking forward to it as I have suffered for many years and it was not discovered until I had MRIs in both shoulders....Take care.
What do you have wrong?? MRI?? I feel 100% better than I did before surgery. I did not have a tear repaired .. After Doctor got in I only had a tiny tear. I had a bone spur shaved and some of my collarbone removed. I had a good clean out of bursitis. It has only been since May 18th. I am doing great. I am in therapy 3 to 4 days a week. I also do my at home therapy( I hate to do) I Only take pain pills when I go to therapy. Don't be scared... Think of it this way... You may hurt some, but at least you are getting well. My pain was so bad before surgery...I wanted to sleep on my left arm so bad!! I would wake up all during the night. I sleep now. Pray for a easy surgery and fast healing.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bmwmama For This Useful Post:
kolbrun2606 (05-29-2012)
Closed Thread