It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
(female)

Booniebear HB User
Re: Getting shoulder stretreched under anesthesia after cuff surgery

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! Sorry that happened to you!!

Well I asked my doc about it when I saw him this morning. He said no. He does NOT want me doing that. Yay! So no matter how mad my hubby gets...too bad. Just from getting myself ready this morning all by myself and driving the 5 min trip to my doc's office....I was literally almost in tears. It hurts sooooooo bad! And to top it off...they were running almost an hour behind! But he did give me a refill on the Vicodin. And I start PT on Wednesday. He showed me one exercise he wants me to do along with the pendulum and wall walk exercises. (If I hadn't googled them I wouldn't know what he was talking about. But he's really cute so I'll let it slide THIS time. He he!) They also took out the stitches. I also asked if they could check into writing a script for an ice machine since I'm almost positive that the insurance will cover it. They're going to let me know either today or tomorrow. I hope I can get one.

How's everyone else feeling? I hope great!

I'm now going to chill out for a while and hope this pain calms down a bit. I'm totally dreading Wednesday.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Kim glad you're dr. said you couldn't drive and that you get to go to PT, that is great. I'm getting ready to go to PT and I feel so bad right now I don't know what to do. (Probably the fibro/chronic fatigue stuff) I feel like I could pass out but I can't miss pt. I felt like this the other day when I went and ask them to modify/shorten the session and was there longer! i'm so depressed over this stuff. talk to yall soon, gonna get tortured. cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #33
(female)

Booniebear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post
Kim glad you're dr. said you couldn't drive and that you get to go to PT, that is great. I'm getting ready to go to PT and I feel so bad right now I don't know what to do. (Probably the fibro/chronic fatigue stuff) I feel like I could pass out but I can't miss pt. I felt like this the other day when I went and ask them to modify/shorten the session and was there longer! i'm so depressed over this stuff. talk to yall soon, gonna get tortured. cj
Oh please don't get down! My fibro is kicking my butt today too. Maybe make sure they understand how much pain you're in....? I wish I could help you.

Hope it's easier than what you expect. Big hugs to you.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

well PT went ok, felt like I was going to pass out half of the time, I think its vertigo or something. I didn't mind doing the exercises where you lay on the table then I felt regular. What was weird there were several folks there today that weren't feeling well, must have been the day for it. Feels so good to be home and in my bed. Wish hubby would be quiet so I could take a nap. He's like having a kid in the house sometimes. thanks, cj

Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #35
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

CJ
How are you doing with the PT? Have the two ranges that had improved gotten better? How are you feeling? Stick with it, it does get better. I am six months out and just got to full range and working on strength now- having a little nerve issue and just hoping that will subside and go away!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Getting shoulder stretched under anesthesia after cuff surgery

hi maggie thanks for the reponse, PT is going well at 110 degrees for overhead yesterday and saw the ortho have to go back n two weeks. today has been bad though started w/ vomiting last night and have been sick all day hope I can make it to PT tomorrow. Hope your nerve problem gets better do they know what it is? cj

Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #37
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

Sorry you have been sick- definitely sounds like some type of bug. 110 isn't bad. Keep pushing it when you feel better. Not sure what the nerve issue is, PT has gone back and forth between is it from the shoulder or is it the neck. It isn't that bad, just some tingling in my last two fingers. Hopefully I will keep working on strengthening and it will go away. feel better

Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #38
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggietaz View Post
CJ
How are you doing with the PT? Have the two ranges that had improved gotten better? How are you feeling? Stick with it, it does get better. I am six months out and just got to full range and working on strength now- having a little nerve issue and just hoping that will subside and go away!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #39
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggietaz View Post
CJ
CJ
Hope you are doing ok, having seen you on the boards in a few days. Flying to SF for work today, shoulder is just a little tight so all should be good. Let us know how you are doing.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi had to skip last fri cuz I was still sick w/ stomach issues but have been working hard in the pool doing a lot of stretching. I go back on Wed and Fri of this week. Saw the dr. last week and he was pleased (hope I'm not repeating myself) and he wants to see me again in 2 weeks, weird. I've noticed I can reach to my left a whole lot better but not to the top of my head to stick a curler i where I want it. Also the behind the back is still very limited but I'm working the towel stretch there but I get a lot of resistance at the front of the shoulder when I do that. I think there are just going to be a couple of areas where I'm going to have some limitations, no one has said but I can tell they don't push me there too much. When I use the pulleys (Have some at home) I can almost go straight up now which is good. I use it to drive a lot more too. Now I just have to build up some strength. I have to be able to push my 96 yo mother in a wheelchair (she weighs about 230) when I take her to the dr. eventually. I can't keep asking folks for help.

You be careful with that luggage and lifting and stuff, you really must have a lot of your strength back. thanks cj

Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #41
Veteran
(female)

CJ
Glad that you are feeling better. Just a FYI. The behind the back one is the last one to come back, I still can't clasp a bra the right way, almost but. Or quite. As for the luggage, I only have to lift it twice so should be ok. Th funny thing is I was supposed to take a trip similar to this when I first returned to work, the end of March and the doc and I together decided that maybe I shouldn't go based on the number of people, it was about 6 and a half weeks after my surgery. I look back at that time now and think I was crazy to have even considered it! Strength is coming back, just not as fast as I want it and the one muscle between the neck and shoulder gets really tight PT says watch the posture!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

yeah glad you didn't go at 6 1/2 weeks! omgee! oh how I miss those work trips (I'm retired). I used to love getting away from home for a few days and have some time to myself. Always made sure I had a room w/ a jacuzzi even if I had to pay for that part. Made sure I had a good book (Unless I was stuck working OT) I'm really such a loner at heart and would love to pack a bag right now and go away for several days by myself but hubby would get all paranoid and think something was wrong! He doesn't get that stuff.

when I say I can't reach behind my back I mean my left hand will not go up past my "crack" if you will. up or to the side.

How's your nerve problem/tingling? cj

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #43
Veteran
(female)

CJ
It took me a really really long time to get my hand to move from my lower back. I can now unhook my bra if I pull it down my back a little, but still can't hook it! My PT said that is the last range to come back and I think the doctor said that as well. The nerve issue is okay as long as I am not doing to much so should be okay for the next day or so. We are doing a volunteer event Thursday night, so it depends what I get assigned to as to how it does. Good luck at PT tomorrow

Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #44
Veteran
(female)

CJ
Are you doing ok? I saw the ortho. doc today. He said all is ok- range is back to the same as the other side- just need to keep working on the strength as it is the endurance that will fall short if I don't. He said don't do to much overhead stuff right now, waist high is good. Wrote me a script for PT for 1-2 times a week and I see him in six weeks.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #45
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi glad your ortho went well. I'm not sure if I'm going to get more PT or not I had appt last fri but didn't have any more scripts and I go to dr. wed will have to see. I do need to go to build up my strength I know so I hope he gives me more PT visits.

I got in the pool yesterday and really stretched it out good again boy is that a good stretch and then tried some strengthening exercises (what I could come up with) am a little sore today. Will let ya know what the dr. says. thanks for checking on me. cj

Closed Thread