It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #46
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Getting shoulder stretched under anesthesia after cuff surgery

The pool is great exercise, keep working on your stretches, that is so important! Shoulder and neck are pretty sore today, PT said they probably would be since I hadn't been in a week, really will need to go twice a week for a few more weeks, so,hopefully workman's comp. will approve it.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #47
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

yeah I was really sore yesterday not too bad today, hope yours eases up. Hope workman's comp approves your PT and I hope I get another script for mine tomorrow! lata, cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

CJ- what is happening? How are you doing? Are you still going to PT?

Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #49
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi Maggie I was just thinking of you today when I was in the grocery store and the cart got so full I could barely make it turn w/ my bad shoulder and I was wondering if you had that problem?

I was sick the day of my ortho appt and had to reschedule and that appt is wed hope I'm not feeling bad that day (can't remember if I've said that I have chronic fatigue and fibro) so I haven't gotten a new PT script yet! yikes! I hope he gives me one I'm going to tell him about the grocery cart ordeal and let him know I need to be able to push my mom in the wheelchair sometimes.

How's your nerve pain is it completely gone now? Did I ever ask you how long you went to PT after your surgery? so many questions I know.

I've had two acupuncture sessions and that seems to be helping with the pain but of course not ROM.

talk to you soon, cj

Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #50
Veteran
(female)

CJ
I have heard for quite a few people that acupuncture reAlly has helped there shoulders. Don't know that I should tell,you how long I have been in PT, but then again, it was the surgery rehab and then the frozen shoulder and I didn't have the manipulation done, so I have been going since the end of Feb. the past few weeks I have only been goin once a week due to work schedules and being out of town. I really twisted my mid back middle of last week and it locked up my shoulder a little bit, even tightened up the range, went to PT today and she got it worked out. I have four sessions left on this script and them we will see if they will let me go any more or not. Nerve pain has gotten better, just when it gets stressed from being used more does it start up. Doctor and therapist said I need to build up my endurance. Sorry you missed you doctor's appt., I have RSD so I know what chronic pain is all about. Let me know what the doctor says and keep stretching? Oh, and the grocery cart thing is probably because you don't have enough strength-need more PT !

Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #51
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh no RSD I know that can be very painful we thought my son had that a few years ago in his had but then did not. I have done a lot of reading up on it.

I hope you back is better I have back issues and have had two non-invasive procedures on it and have to be careful.

I sure hope I get more PT too. Little worried about that part. talk to you soon, cj

Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #52
Veteran
(female)

CJ
Did you see the doctor?

Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Maggie! yes I did, got 12 more PT sessions and he's going to set me u w/
TENS unit (I ask for it). I've had one before and it really helps w/ pain and you can wear it while doing your therapy. Can't find my old one, got it in the late 90's I think, for my back. My insurance says it will pay for it.

How nice of you to remember that I went today. I had almost forgot myself! Fibro fog!!! I don't have an appt for PT til next Tue I don't think. ugh. I have been doing my stuff at home but its not the same as the equipment, you know? I am having a hard time straightening my arm when I lift it up and I am trying to work on that at home when I do the wall climbs. Have you had problems with that at all? It looks funny .

He was glad to hear about the acupuncture too. talk to you soon, cj

Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #54
Veteran
(female)

CJ
Hope that the shoulder is doing ok. I had PT yesterday and a re-evaluation and my stength has really improved. So, I am pretty sure that workman's comp will cut off the PT after the visit I have this Friday. I am not as strong as I would like to be, but I will have to keep working on it at home. My challenge will be to stay focused on how I am using the shoulder when I am driving, lifting etc. as I am not thinking through things enough right now and I need to really engage the muscles to make sure I use them correctly. When I don't I end up with a sore upper shoulder and neck area. It all gets exhausting after awhile. My RSD leg decided to get into the act this weekend and my calf gets to feeling like it wants to explode at times, I can tolerate it but just one more thing to add to the list. LOL Enough of my rambling- let me know how PT goes. As far as having trouble lifting up your arm, I would think that it is either stiffness or that you are not strong enough yet- just my thoughts.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #55
Senior Veteran
(female)

Maggie,

How are you doing? How's your shoulder, back and RSD leg? Hope everything is better today! With the way the weather has been my all over pain has inched up some not sure about yours. Not looking forward to Isaac moving thru even though they say we may not get any effect here in VA.

I finally made it back to PT today and I am going to get the TENS unit. OMG! They let me trial/test one during my workout today and I was able to do much more than normal. Usually the arm bike bothers me a lot and it didn't hurt at all with the TENS unit on. You should see if you can get one. It was amazing. I wish I'd had it at the beginning of my workout.

Hope you are doing ok. Hanging in there w/ PT. Hope you're not traveling too much.

ok, think I'm going to TRY to take a nap now if hubby is quiet enough, he's like having a child in the house! LOL! lata, cj

Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #56
Veteran
(female)

Hi CJ
Hope that the shoulder is doing well. Did you get your own tens unit yet? I went to PT on Friday and reviewed most of my exercises with the therapist, in case workmans comp won't approve anymore PT. We will have to wait and see what happens. Enjoy the rest of you holiday weekend!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #57
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Maggie I am at moms have no Internet so am using phone.
I hope u get more pt hopefully pt is recommending it. I did get my tens it's great. Talk to u soon phone not very easy ,cathy

Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Veteran
(female)

Hey CJ
How is the shoulder feeling? How is the PT going? I am done with PT for now, WC denied any more sessions. I see the doctor on the 17th so will see if he wants to appeal it or not. I am doing ok, shoulder gets sore and certain movements it just does not like the first time around! My wrist on the same side has been bothering me as well,so need to see if I can get that to behave, therapist suggested I wear my brace, but it is very restrictive and I have lots to get done! Hope all is well. Post when you can.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #59
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi sorry ur not getting more pt and ur having more
Problems. I haven't been to pt n over a week due to nausea
And weakness. Hope u enjoy ur weekend too. Cathy ps sorry this is short

Old 10-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

may have injured the shoulder about 4 days ago by (and you're not going to believe this) just lifting my purse up and over the side of a pedicure chair and setting it on the floor. I carry a rather small purse too. I am in so much pain, I do have ortho appt next week which was going to be my final follow up from my May 14th surgery. Something went pop and had shooting pain immediately when it happened right at the top front of the shoulder outer edge (don't know what that is called medically I tried looking it up).

I finished PT like 2 weeks ago too. I am so depressed. Cathy

Closed Thread