It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #61
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Getting shoulder stretched under anesthesia after cuff surgery

Oh no Cathy- that doesn't sound good! Sounds like you might have torn something! Post when you know something .

Old 10-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #62
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi Maggie, I know it does doesn't it? at first I was in denial, just thinking it was a strain or something. It doesn't radiate down the arm and when I looked at shoulder image pictures I can't figure out what it could be. I know when I go to the dr. next wed if he suspects something is torn I'm just gonna lose it. I've already been losing it. I just don't see how it happened so easily. I mean my purse is small, its a Miche classic style, I carry a small one on purpose.

thanks for your reply, I knew you'd be listening . Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #63
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

I saw the doctor yesterday. The front inside of my shoulder has been bothering me, so I had am appt. for next week that I moved up. He said something about the groove that the bicep rests in, made it sound like maybe the bicep had become a little inflamed. Got a cortinsone shot. Mi know he hit the right place as it really hurt. Said it should feel better in about three or four days and to call him next Friday and let him know how it was feeling. Also got a script for PT for my wrist as the tendon has been acting up on the outside of my wrist.

I was thinking about your shoulder and wonder if it is your bicep that popped?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

you know that is a very good question. When I was doing PT there were some exercises that I could feel some popping and it felt like something was sliding back and forth and they told me not to worry unless it was causing pain. and now this seems to be in the same spot. I can't remember which exercises it was though daggone it. I think that would help him diagnose. my memory is so bad. I have so much going on. I went yesterday to a gastro dr. because I have had nausea/diarrhea/constipation issues since april and now I have to have colonoscopy/upper endo and a ultrasound of my gall bladder. too much stuff, ya know?

also I am now experiencing some additional pain in the shoulder blade area. I hope one of the anchors or whatever you call them didn't come loose. I think he did two.

did I ever tell you that my insurance is rejecting the bill for anesthesia for my block? 4K+ something about it not being in the drs notes. (dr being the anesthesiologist) I mean really, too much going on. so I got a copy of the pre-op and op notes from the hospital and of course I can't read the drs handwriting. But on the typed notes from the ortho it says a block was done. so I am not sure exactly what they are talking about I am getting ready to call them now.

I hope you get some relief from the shot, I so wish I could get those I think I told you I cannot because I have Addison's disease and am not supposed to take any steroids because it affects my adrenal glands by putting them to sleep. However, I have had one or two when something has been really bad, this may be the case?

back to PT, huh? joy joy. I don't mind the PT itself its just the time it takes up.

Did we ever discuss Voltaren Gel/Cream? Its like celebrex in a cream form, gets absorbed very quickly into the area within minutes and really helps with the pain....unless its very deep inside. maybe see if he/she has samples. I have been using it on my shoulder and it has been helping.

ok, gotta go call the insurance co, good luck, Cathy

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

hi, had my ortho appt, to make a long story short, I'm getting anther MRI w/ contrast, not sure when yet though. he wanted me to go back to PT and I just really didn't want to do it so I've got to do it at home!!! its so hard. He think I may have pulled loose some scar tissue maybe, let's hope so.

How's your pain? hope its doing better since your shot. sure wish I could get one. I've GOT to get better before I go see my son on T-giving on the train to baltimore, like 4 hr ride. Cathy

Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #66
Veteran
(female)

Cathy,
How is the home PT going. Are you being good about doing the exercises? Have you scheduled the MRI yet? My shoulder is doing okay. The PT said it is stiff-although she is. It supposed to be working with it. Last week I had a really bad day with my bicep, but that has passed. Elbow and wrist are loosening up, but boy does the elbow get sore- life goes on!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #67
(female)

Booniebear HB User

Hi everyone! I hope y'all are doing well.

We moved back to Texas the end of August and we still do not have cable or Internet! I really don't like doing all of this stuff on my phone.

Anyway my shoulder feels GREAT! I am sooooo glad I had that surgery.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #68
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi all, didn't get the mri been having severe gastro problems. Lots of tests for that shoulder has gotten low priority cuz I've been so sick.

Supposed to leave on train w/ my niece tomorrow to Baltimore to see my son til sat. Pray the stomach behaves during that time. Will have more testing when I get back checking liver and gall bladder.

Nausea and diarrhea are the symptoms.

The shoulder is hanging in there. Pain gets to about a 5 but I can handle it.

Maggie hope you are doing better. Hope everyone has a good turkey day! Cathyj

Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #69
Veteran
(female)

Cathy,
Sorry to hear abouth the GI problems, hope they can get it figured out for you soon.
Shoulder is okay. Had to have a coritisone shot in the elbow on the same side and doing some PT on that elbow- was there today - same therapist as for the shoulder- she ays it is all related. Have been working a lot of hours this week - I am in retail so this is a big week for us. Whole body is tired at this point LOL!
Hope you can enjoy the holiday- take it easy and let us know how you are doing.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #70
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope u have a good thanksgiving!!! Cathy

Closed Thread