It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
(female)

Lo4grace HB User
Frozen shoulder, small tears, how do I prepare for surgery and rehab?

My shoulder has been hurting on and off for over a year. It got worse, I got PT and three steroid shots. Thought it settled a little bit, but now I think I terribly re-injured it. I have 2 small labrium tears and frozen shoulder. It is so painful I can not tolerate it without taking vicodin. my surgery is scheduled July 26th (scope) What do I need to prepare for? I live alone. what will be the biggest limitations. How long is the rehab and healing?

The following user gives a hug of support to Lo4grace:
sjb (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Frozen shoulder, small tears, how do I prepare for surgery and rehab?

hi, so sorry no one answered your post and I hope your surgery went ok. Hope the pain isn't too bad. I had rotator cuff surgery done on May 14 you can ask me stuff if you need to (if you can type that is). cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
(female)

Lo4grace HB User

Thanks how long is the rehab time?

The following user gives a hug of support to Lo4grace:
sjb (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

the therapist told me average PT is 3-4 months....but I am not average because I have fibromyalgia. so that part I'm not good to compare too or w/ pain. Just once you start your PT be sure to work hard, take your pain pills before you go to PT AND do you pt at home. I've been doing all that and still ended up w/ partial frozen shoulder after surgery and had to have a manipulation done (under anethesia) to loosen it up. But all that could have been because I have low pain tolerance. How's your pain? Are you icing it? cj

Old 07-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

Lo4grace HB User

did you have rotator cuff tear then frozen shoulder????? I have low tolerance for pain too. I am taking all your advice. they manipulated my shoulder and took out some scar tissue or something
thanks
Lorraine

Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

yeah I wasn't getting the results needed from PT they said partially frozen so he did the MUA Manupulation under anesthesia. Its a slow process for me and I know just have to keep reminding myself . good luck! do those PT dont forget the icing afterwards! cj

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
(female)

truckerbabe HB User

ok i just went thru rotater cuff surgery about 4 months ago now... and first of all make sure you have several button down blouses... that are big and loose, and forget wearing a bra, you just wont be able too for awhile. and make sure you have some streatchy pants...pull up elastic waist are the best... pull up sweat pants that are loose and comfy are good. and get you a big pack of wet wipes..that open on the top, because going to the RR, these are allot easier than trying to get TP u know? lol lol and they will have you doing Physical therapy the next day, but it will be very easy ... mostly put ice on it..and then later heating pad, and slowly have you do little exersizes with it... just make sure you do as much as you can... sometimes it will pop, and make noise...dont worry it is suposed to do that sometimes. and yes mine still hurts some but not as bad as it did...but im still having to do exersizes etc.
Good luck and God Bless...i hope this helps...

Reply Reply