It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
(male)

sportsfun HB User
Exclamation Labrum glenoidale tear - after the arthroscopy surgery

About six months ago I fell down directly on my arm and shoulder pressing them with the whole body. Immediately I went to the hospital where x-ray was taken. I don't think it was enough but this is not the case now. The x-ray didn't indicate anything and a doctor claimed it was only a bruise though I wasn't able to move my arm at all.
After 2 weeks as the ache went even worse I visited another doctor what resulted I have had the MR examination conducted.
It didn't show that much that I needed a surgery. It was said to be healing by itself over time.
The worst pain went away but I had other sympthoms such us: the head of the arm bone was going out of the socket while letting the forearm go down limp and the pain while trying to reach backwards or rotate within the arm (right- and leftwards).
As a result and nobody had been able to help me as everything'd seemed to be right, I decided to visit the other doctor.
I have had another MR examination taken but this time with the contrast liquid injected into the joint.
It showed the labrum glenoidale was injuried - I don't know to what extent but the doctor said it was the most probably the reason of my disability and he suggested the arthroscopy surgery that was said to solve the problems.
After the surgery, it turned out the front part of LG had been torn quite hard and 2 implants have been used to reconstructe it.
It's been 2 weeks since I had the surgery and doctor says it seems to be ok. I'm still to use the sling (total time of 4 weeks) but I'm also to start doing some exercise and after the 4th week I start the physicaltherapy. However, I would like to ask those who have had it, too, whether it's still normal to feel some pain within the arm/shoulder while trying to move it. It has wided and I'm not taking any pain killers now but e.g while straighting out the limb and then blending it - biceps press alike (the exercise that I'm to be doing now) I can feel the pain as described above. The other one is flexing muscles around the shoulder but when I start flexing the one within the arm it really hurts as if the wound was still fresh and I could feel sth. within it?
I have doubts and fears that's why I would really appreciatate if sbd could answer...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

Blossom24 HB User
Re: Labrum glenoidale tear - after the arthroscopy surgery

Has it always hurt from the time of surgery or has it only started to hurt in the last few days? If it is the last few days then maybe it is just overuse or it didn't like a particular motion. If it has been that way since surgery then it may be that it has become used to being in a certain position in the sling and is now protesting at being moved in a different way in your exercises? Maybe you should check again with your doctor or PT/Physio. Is is an ache or acute pain? I had a repair done on my own SLAP tear (type 2) two days ago and seem to be doing ok. Had 3 anchors put in to glenoid to secure the labrum. I had a nerve block on the day of the surgery and then co-dydramol that evening and part of yesterday but finished last night on just paracetamol and neither today as felt ok when I woke up and now it is mid-afternoon. I was also prescribed anti-inflamatories 3 times a day which I am continuing to take. Surgeon has told me that I don't need to wear the sling all the time indoors - only when I get tired and that I can use the arm as long as I don't raise my arm above shoulder level or carry anything heavy. I don't have to sleep in the sling but I do as I normally sleep on my injured left side but am trying to sleep on my back instead and don't want to roll onto that slide in the night if it is unprotected. I am using a v-shape pillow in front of my normal pillows to raise me up a bit and it seems to be helping.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
(male)

sportsfun HB User

Thanks for the reply. The post is kind of old but ok... For 5 days I have been out of the sling and have already started the manual therapy that is based on loosing muscles within the shulder and of course moving with the arm/shoulder...
I'm still having pain within in my arm but it is better compared to the time I wrote the thread in here.
After the yesterday's meeting with my PT my motions range seems to be better - I mean I am able to do more with the arm but I cannot still move immediate movements or I am not even thinking about moving it upwards above the 90* degrees (the angle).
Or I am not able to move leftwards with my fore-arm as the arm is situated vertically/ along the body... I can feel it kind of stuck... And in some movements I can feel as if threads were chafing/rubbing over something. And at the same time I can feel piercing pain... or coining in the arm/ near the labrum...

Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
(female)

Blossom24 HB User

Sorry to hear that you are still having some issues but I hope that it continues to improve with time

Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
(male)

sportsfun HB User

So do I. Thank you )

Reply Reply