It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
(male)

Cirsmack1971 HB User
Just had a rtc repair on 10-3-2012- many questions..

Its been little over two weeks, I still have pain which I expected. I had a small Tear in the back and the front they had to do an open as the tendon/muscle was mostly gone and had to be retrieved and stretched back to the bone. The doc. Said there had already been a lot of scarring and was very concerned as to how much mobility I would get back.

Any one have something similar done, and if so, how is your progress and is your mobility coming back the way you had hoped. Also, any things during the initial recovery period that worked well or didn't work well or anything you wish you could have done differently.

Tks!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Just had a rtc repair on 10-3-2012- many questions..

I had a labrum repair, back in the end of January. My advice to you is do as much stretching as soon as they say you can, usually you start off with passive stretches and then progress from there, but it will take time. Good luck and don't get down on your self if it doesn't seem like you are making progress. I am 10 months out and still get tightness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

galalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB User

There are so many variables that it is difficult to say. Your age, your occupation, your health, how long the tear was there, how it was repaired. It is a long recovery, though. Two weeks is just beginning for healing. It can take up to 6 months to get back to a semblance of normal. It is a very long process and requires a lot of patience. Good luck - this is what forums are for - support and venting. No one understands like those who have been through this. That being said, I've had 5 surgeries since 11/09, starting with complete full tear and ending (so far, anyway, not near the end) with a revision (second) shoulder replacement.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

WW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB User

after 11 months, my Dr said it would be smart to keep up with the stretching, etc for as long as I want to be active.

Key thing is good PT, and do what they tell you religiously

good luck!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
(female)

Lorrane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirsmack1971 View Post
Its been little over two weeks, I still have pain which I expected. I had a small Tear in the back and the front they had to do an open as the tendon/muscle was mostly gone and had to be retrieved and stretched back to the bone. The doc. Said there had already been a lot of scarring and was very concerned as to how much mobility I would get back.

Any one have something similar done, and if so, how is your progress and is your mobility coming back the way you had hoped. Also, any things during the initial recovery period that worked well or didn't work well or anything you wish you could have done differently.

Tks!
Hallo there, I had a Rotator Cuff Repair 6 weeks ago, it's been a long slog but I'm getting there. I wore the sling for 4/5 weeks and have now put it away. I wear a homemade sling now which I will gradually wean myself off, I wear it when I go out and when I'm home it's on and off according to how my arm/shoulder is. Please follow you Psysio's advice ( no stretching ) x

Reply Reply

Tags
rotator cuff, rotator cuff surgery