It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

Rushin1032 HB User
Exclamation DRAMATIC Shoulder and elbow popping but minimal pain?

Over the year I seem to have developed some kind of muscle disorder or something that causes my shoulder and elbow to pop and cause a small amount of pain in my elbow whenever i turn my arm.

The main symptom is the absolutly horrible sound that it makes when it happens. It happens when I extend my arm straight out palm facing up then simply turn my arm so my palm is facing down without using my wrist. It is a very loud pop and really attracts attention when it occurs. I dont necessarly do it on purpose but if i dont pop it it becomes very uncomfortable.

The most strange thing about this whole thing is that the pain is minimal and is only in my elbow. I can also move my thumb along my elbow and feel a knot or bump that is somewhat more tender than my other elbow. But it really just barely hurts. Im mainly concerned about the long term effects it could have on my shoulder or elbow joints.

I currently excercise regularly and practice good form when in the weight room and do not use too much weight. And after a chest or tricep workout it tends to feel worse but after a night of sleep or just relaxing for a while it is back to normal.

I have done my research on this and cant find anything on it. I did find some kind of clue when looking at a muscle diagram and found that it may have some kind of relation to the Anconeus muscle in the elbow. I made this guess on just where the muscle is located on the diagram and where the pain or irritation is. I just thought I would include this because it may help someone out there get a lead on what is going on here.

But to sum this up, when I extend my arm straight out and rotate it over 180 degrees it severly pops and sounds awful. I have no pain going through from my shoulder to my elbow most of the discomfort is in the elbow alone. I am new here but I hope this will help me figure out what is wrong because it is getting rather irritating putting up with it. I will be checking this post regularly for some kind of answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: DRAMATIC Shoulder and elbow popping but minimal pain?

Hi, I don't really have a lot of advice for you except to go and get an MRI on it to make sure you're not doing a lot of damage to the tendons and muscle there by all the exercise you're doing. It sounds similar to what people do to their shoulders when they end up having to have rotator cuff surgery done. You don't want to end up with arthritis there. Some kind of ultrasound treatment could be helpful in straightening the problem out. It sounds like you've overworked it over the years.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
Rushin1032 (10-22-2012)
Reply Reply