It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

easilyangered HB User
shoulder pain caused by scoliosis?

So I have been experiencing shoulder pain for about a year and a half. I've had an MRI done in January and that came back normal..but my right shoulder hangs way lower than my left shoulder. I just recently found out I have scoliosis as well. I can't do pushups or any lifting overhead..anyone else come across this?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
(male)

kolbrun2606 HB Userkolbrun2606 HB User
Re: shoulder pain caused by scoliosis?

Yes, I think so(as to your last question)1st place: these things seem very genetic, but itīs not sure theyīve been recognized before. I tore my supraspinatus tendon 7. dec. 2007. Since the surgery Iīve had physiotherapy(now 4 1/2 yrs. The MRI canīt tell the whole story. You canīt see the condition of the supraspinatus for instance. In my case thereīs a genetic tendency to BAD bloodflow AND bad nutritional condition. As a result ligaments that connect the pelvis both to legs and lower back are too weak. On a young age my pelvis started turning, however not obvious & without pain. Because of this the lumbar back adjusts and got "stuck". So because of this my upper back adjusted and swung like scoliosis in the opposite direction of my lumbar back. There are 2 bends, the lower to the left, the upper to the right. Iīve always been an active person and worked a lot, felt only kind of tiredness after work, no back pain. This results in very poor bloodflow, which is necessary to "feed" the shoulders. The supraspinatus is quite sensitive to this, as itīs "critical zone", next to the humerus has a poor bloodflow. Both the supraspinatus weakens , and the subacromeal bursa swells as a result of poor bloodflow to the shoulders. here is a very critical situation that needs attention. Thehealing power of PT is unbelievable however. Find yourself a PT that practices because he/she knows the healing power thatīs in the human body, itīs never too late. Good luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to kolbrun2606:
Clairethebear17 (11-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to kolbrun2606 For This Useful Post:
Clairethebear17 (11-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

easilyangered HB User

I have tried PT before and no luck it didn't help. I am military so I have to work out...and I'm tired of steroid shots that are only a tmporry fix

Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
(male)

kolbrun2606 HB Userkolbrun2606 HB User

These things might take years to change, but they do eventually. Age has some impact but my PT says every cell of our body gets renewed every 6 months. By constantly strenghtening & improving bloodflow cells do become stronger. Overall condition gets better and youīll start feeling the difference. Your family has a history for this "illness"like mine? If your job is too heavy for you then consider a change. Good luck!

Reply Reply