It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

Zialov HB User
Unhappy What will it take to resolve this shoulder pain?

I had shoulder surgery about 4 and a half years ago to have a bone spur removed and to clean up some of the frayed tissue. PT after that surgery led to pain so bad that I stopped exercising and that led to a frozen shoulder. Through PT, I moved through the frozen shoulder and did well for a few months as long as I was on Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory). I was told to go off that medication after about 5 months. Since then, my shoulder has had repeated flareups. When it hurts, it hurts. Certain repetitive movements cause this like swimming, hanging up clothes and computer use. I can no longer use anti-inflammatories because of an ulcer. I have received several cortisone shots that always help for about a month. A recent MRI shows no problems. Currently, I'm in PT again. I have to be so careful with the exercises or I'll flare up my shoulder. If I have a day when I've done my PT exercises and then add an activity that bothers that shoulder, I get into trouble. One of my problems is that I almost never feel the pain as I'm doing a motion so I often have no warning.

The thing is, I'm losing hope. Anyone out there been through this and regained good use of their shoulder again?

Last edited by Zialov; 10-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply