It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
(male)

Troubledguy HB User
What else can I do? (Rotator Cuff Problem)

Hello everyone.

Well a year ago I injured my shoulder playing darts. After some toing and froing from the doctors (plus an X-Ray) I finally went to see a physio at the hospital. This must have been early summer around May or June.

Well I did three sessions with the physio which comprised being shown a couple of band exercises. I did External, Internal, Extension and another rep which is like a sword thrust. Then I was told that was it. Just keep on doing the rep and I should be fine.

Well I've been doing these reps for months and months and yesterday I had a flare up. Basically I used my right hand to rub the shampoo into my hair for the first time in ages. Quite an intensive task with my hand above my head. I must have done this for about 60 seconds and then my shoulder gave up. My rotator cuff is sore today

I'm extremely annoyed and feel frustrated. I've been doing these exercises for what seems like ages and while, yes its got a bit better, I still can't play darts properly for long periods.

I don't know which way to turn now.

Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my rotator cuff? I don't feel that the band stretches I've been shown are doing the job properly.

When I Google 'rotator cuff exercise' there are so many websites it makes my head spin.

I need to move it onto the next level but how?

Or am I just being too impatient?

I need some guidance please.

Last edited by Troubledguy; 11-17-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply