It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

jet236 HB User
Post Humerus surgery problem

I had humerus surgery on Nov. 1st. Four weeks later, I started PT and now have full range of motion in my shoulder.

The problem is my elbow. I can only bend it about half way. When the PT forces the elbow, meaning bending my hand to my shoulder, it's the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I was actually brought to tears last week. And, I think I have developed Ulnar Nerve Entrapment because my pinky is tingly/numb along with half my ring finger.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
(male)

mcraig1370 HB User
Re: Post Humerus surgery problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet236 View Post
I had humerus surgery on Nov. 1st. Four weeks later, I started PT and now have full range of motion in my shoulder.

The problem is my elbow. I can only bend it about half way. When the PT forces the elbow, meaning bending my hand to my shoulder, it's the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I was actually brought to tears last week. And, I think I have developed Ulnar Nerve Entrapment because my pinky is tingly/numb along with half my ring finger.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Its called CTS makes your pinky numb other finger tips numb you can have it fixed. If you had it before you had CPT before your shoulder surgery it flares up to be a problem afterwards. I gonna have my other shoulder scoped in the next few weeks but when I had all the work done on my RS three years ago I lost complete feeling in my pinky and three other fingers my hand would also just freeze on me like it was about to go into a muscle spasm my hand would curl up and start to cramp and be stuck. It was CPT have not had it fixed yet but its a easy procedure now days. But yeah it was worrisome deal for me for a couple weeks it felt like arthritis in my finger. Just ask your DR to check you for CPT when your there.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcraig1370 For This Useful Post:
jet236 (01-06-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply