It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
(female)

Youngbabybee HB User
Dislocated Shoulder

Hi Everyone,

I really need some advice and your experiences.

I dislocated my right shoulder on 9th Jan at the gym whilst in a press up position!
It was manipulated back into place within 3 hours.

Spent 4 weeks in a collar cuff sling and have had 2 sessions of physio therapy.
I think I have regained a lot my strength but my arm doesn't rotate in all the positions! For example, I cannot reach my back or put my arm out into a angle.
It physically doesn't move.

I am having a apprehension test in 2 weeks time and they said depending on that they will book me in for a MRI and see if surgery is required.

Anyone with any similar experiences?

The following user gives a hug of support to Youngbabybee:
sjb (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Dislocated Shoulder

Greetings! Welcome to the General healthboards! I am sure someone here has. I just want to express my sympathies and welcome. Peace sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

Andielyn HB User

Hi...sorry I didn't see your message until now. I hope you are getting along. I had a severe shoulder dislocation in September 2012, but the doctor didn't do an MRI until 6 weeks (results after 8). I had a full thickness rotator cuff tear and a ruptured biceps tendon. I switched doctors and had surgery late November, repairing the rotator cuff and a biceps tenodesis (reattachment of the biceps tendon to the head of the humerus.)

Due to the long time of immobilization I now have a frozen shoulder. I have been in aggressive PT and doing exercises at home and have made progress but not enough. I return to my doctor next week.

I hope you are getting along. Please post and update on what is happening. Best to you.

Andielyn

The following user gives a hug of support to Andielyn:
sjb (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

galalena HB User

Andielynn, sounds remarkably similar to my story. Hope it goes well. I had a bone contusion as well, 6 surgeries, and now have no cuff at all, a reverse replacement, arm broken in two places during surgery 2 weeks ago. Keep working at pt, multiple surgeries are a nightmare.

Reply Reply