It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

yoginigirl HB User
Unhappy HAGL lession surgery

Hello Everyone, this is my first post.

After 6 months and alot of aggravation, I have been diagnosed with a HAGL (humeral avulsion glenohumeral ligament) tear. I will be having surgery in the very near future. The sooner the better, I've been dealing with this since last november.

I wonder if anyone has had any experiences with a HAGL?

I had first started with physical therapy which aggravated it to no end. I finally got an MRI/arthogram approved through the insurance and the first DR. that I saw had missed the HAGL. He then gave me a cortisone shot, which helped slightly. About 5 weeks later I was in such bad pain again, I went to another DR. who found the HAGL. (which I am so thankful for)

He said he's only seen 2 other cases like mine in 10 years. He won't do the surgery, so I'm being sent to a large Hospital across the state. Now, I play the waiting game again.

The original pain had started after doing some strenuous stretching. I heard a bit of a 'popping' sound and my shoulder felt a little weird, but not horrible. Two days later I went to the emergency room because I didn't know what the heck was wrong. When I lifted my arm out to the front at waist level it felt like somebody was taking a hammer and trying to smash the top of my shoulder bone. I couldn't reach behind my back because I would get a severe, sharp pain on top of the shoulder and also in the deltoid/bicep region. I also felt as though someone had taken hot coals and put them against my skin. The burning sensation was horrible.
They gave me pain killers at the E.R and told me to find an orthopedic Dr. and have it checked out. So I found one........ and hear I am! I am in a good deal of pain and I will be having one more cortisone shot tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that will hold me over until surgery.

Any comments/questions/stories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply