It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
(male)

Colonel John HB User
Thanks for the help I recieved from here...

I was in extreme pain last night as I am recovering from a rotator surgery November 9th three weeks before I retired from my job. I never realized how much pain this would be from day to day and was pleased to see some of the post from others going through this also. Decided to join up and possibly be of help to others going through this as well so glad to be here

Old 05-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

fleafly HB User
Re: Thanks for the help I recieved from here...

Welcome aboard! I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago. While at rehab, I was stretched a little too far and my bicep tendon tore. That sent me back to surgery, needless to say. The surgeon release by bicep tendon, which I regret. He made the determination while in surgery, based on the fact that I was a 50-something year old female, and the surgery was not on my dominant side. I understand his thought process, and cannot really blame him for it, but I truly regret that the tendon was not repaired instead of released. My shoulder and arm are much weaker than they would have been, and I experience some pain most days.

With those two surgeries, though, I learned to sleep in a recliner. That was a new experience for me, but it definitely got me through the recover stage. I don't know if you have tried sleeping in a recliner, but if not, do try. The pain will go away, I assure you. There might be some days where things seem like they are sliding backwards, but overall, it's a big improvement.

Good luck to you.
FF

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply