It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shoulder / Rotator Cuff Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
(female)

jerry890 HB Userjerry890 HB Userjerry890 HB Userjerry890 HB User
Re: I HATE pain!!

He does have a plan but it depends on him finding no more than he discussed. He did say if nothing else was extensive he wanted me in PT ASAP so my shoulder did not freeze back up but of course, it's a wait & see until he gets in there.
He did say there was a lot of bleeding and it's just a complete mess! He did mention he may have to give me a block so I can start PT right away and that it's not going to be easy. I have a lot of work ahead of me but he feels I can kick it!! Fingers crossed!!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #32
(female)

How are you doing? Is your pain any less?

Last edited by jerry890; 11-26-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Double post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
(female)

daisygirlfp HB User

Tingling down to the fingers sounds like it may have cervical origins...at least that is what I gleaned from my ortho being happy that my pain was not below the elbow. Galalena I get a kick out of your advice to have a doc sit down until you are finished with him and on a practical note to write questions down before appointments. No wonder my doc is always late, everyone is taking your advice, and being polite. My PT repeatedly says it is my body and I have a right to answers from the doc.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #34
Inactive
(female)

galalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB User

Bleeding?? My heavens. What would be bleeding? I wonder what kind of block he is considering. Pain meds should be helpful, and have several cold gel packs as ice helps quite a bit. Try not to be scared. I m surprised he refers to this as a mess. You have waited so long patiently, I am sorry it is sounding so bad suddenly. several people here have been through serious issues and all have come through OK, you will too!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
Inactive
(female)

galalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB Usergalalena HB User

LOL, my first surgeon always was late. I would have the first or second appt at 7 am and still had to wait as he took his time to answer all questions. We are paying THEM. I did not care how long I had to wait as I knew he was giving someone else the same attention he gave me.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
(female)

I saw my OS on Friday for my post op and they went over everything they "expect" to clean up while in surgery and a few things he may have to clean up while he is in there - but will not know for sure until he gets a first had look.

I will give you the over-view of my MRI and surgical orders later but for now, I have a question! I got a stomach bug yesterday (Saturday) - unable to hold anything down, the whole 9 yards. No temp.

I am a little better today but not well by any means. I go to the hospital tomorrow for my labs and all. Do I have to cancel my Thursday surgery? I have little to no energy right now. Can't believe this is happening to me! I guess all that lack of sleep and stress has lowered my immunities. I have. Also developed a light rash and believe this is from the Roxabin muscle relaxer he has me on. Even the atarax doesn't stop the itching. I have not take any of those pills or any pain pills since very early yesterday morning (@2 am).

Old 12-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #37
Inactive
(female)

Probably not a good idea to have surgery if you are sick. Be sure to tell them every symptom.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #38
Veteran
(female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

I don't think they would operate if you're still ill

I just saw your reply to daisygirlfp
Are you having the encapsulation done at the same time as other repairs?
My surgeon has said I may need the encapsulation and rotator cuff tear done in stages

Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #39
(female)

Went for my pre op today. CBC clear and no fever. Surgery is on. I am scheduled for: left shoulder arthroscopy; subacromial decompression; distal clavicle resection; SLAP & rotator cuff repair; capsular embryo cation & insertion of pain pump.

I am going to look a few of those things up because I just cannt get all of this straight!

I hope the pain pump works as well as I heard it does! Any suggestions?

Old 12-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #40
Inactive
(female)

I have no idea what you mean by the capsular...whatever. I suspect it is to avoid stiffness, but never heard of anything with embryos! The rest makes sense. You should be fine. I have never had a pain pump. Several years ago they were used more often but not so much now. Pain meds are usually sufficient. Best wishes to a smooth recovery. It will be a long haul, but you will be better soon. Get lots of books!

Old 12-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #41
(female)

bp443 HB User

The pain pump is great but works like the epidural that women get when they give birth--your whole arm is totally numb! I remember walking down the hallway the day after my surgery and having this sensation of something heavy tapping the wall--looked down and realized that it was my arm, which had slipped out of my sling and I wasn't even aware of it. Unfortunately the needle that was in my neck fell out late in the day after the surgery, so I didn't get to "enjoy" this numbness for long. Best wishes to you!

Old 12-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #42
(female)

Darn fingers! It's called "capsular embrocation". Something to do with getting fluid back into my tissues/tendons.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #43
(female)

That's how it was explained to me. Also, that it would not be out in or anywhere next to tendons. It's actually caused serious unreversable damage. Freaked me out a little until I read more about it and talked to the OS about it.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #44
Inactive
(female)

Are you refering to the pain pump? All I know is that it can cause serious damage. Yes shoulder surgery is painful. But if there is a choice between the possibility of irreversible damage leading to joint replacement for 2 days of pain relief, that can easily be handled with pain meds, that the patient will be taking for days or weeks anyway, I would pass on the pump. I had 6 serious surgeries without the pump. But please, follow your surgeons advice.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
(female)

Yes the pain pump. I am going to speak with him about it again before I am put under. I just want him to renterate that it's not the one that has had all the issues AND it's not going anywhere near any of my ligaments !!

Signing off for a few days - I have to more hours of liquid before I have to stop drinking! And I usually drink water all night long!!

Thanks everyone for all of your great advice!

Reply Reply