It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #1

jamie157 HB User
Post shyness

Okay:

Here's my situation, I'm so ****ing shy when I'm on my own. When I'm with people I can seem to communiate well like in groups and with at least some people I know. But when I'm approached or whatever I seem shy.

The other day these two girls were staring at me when this guy at work called me over to see them. He was saying they fancy me and whatever. I just got all blushy and said hi! then basically walked away. I had no idea what to say..

I am self-conscious of my acne/scarring, that is a problem. However I was like this before the acne. I'm surprised they liked me at all, and I completely blew my chances. the girls thought I was an ******* because they think I just blew them off...

ANY HELP!!?

Old 08-08-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Do you know for a fact how they felt about you? Unless you do, don't sweat it.

If that happened to me(being in the female's spot), I think it would be obvious that the guy was shy and nervous. Blushing says a lot also. It certianly doesn't say the person is being conceited and blowing you off.
Whoever introduced you to the girls should know how you feel, and the fact that you are shy. He/she should have let them know, or at least explained that to them if they took you walking away as a negative , blown off gesture.

Personally though, it's VERY easy to tell the difference between a guy who ducks out of the situation due to shyness etc,as compared to some egotistical dick.

I used to be really shy around guys. Eventually I just realized that by allowing myself to be scared and shy, it blew my chances with some wonderful people.
It takes time, that's for sure, but you have nothing to fear but fear itself. If they reject you, then so be it. You move on and find someone more deserving.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread