It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 01:49 AM   #1
(male)

SeeSaw99 HB User
Shyness with girls you like

Just wondering if anyone else (especially guys) can identify with perhaps one of the most frustrating syndromes I've ever experienced. For me, I'm completely myself with girls that I don't have any romantic interest in. With girls that I like, however, I turn into a different person and my thought process becomes completely different. It's almost like my brain is wading through a big mud pile, and everything I say is unnatural and forced. It's like, once I decide I actually like a girl, I lose the ability to be myself.

Completely odd. But so true, especially for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #2

jedoz HB User
Re: Shyness with girls you like

I think your dealing with something very normal. It's part of the excitement and adventure in meeting someone new you like. I remember when I first met my now ex BF I was a big ball of gooey akwardness and he was too. I remember actually wanting to get away from him before I said something stupid which I'm sure I did but he felt really akward too so he didn't notice me being that way.
I don't know about you but something I've started to worry about as a newly single girl is that when I do meet a guy he's not going to see the real me right away because like you said you loose the ability to be yourself will he still like me once my true colors come out? I guess its just one of those test's life throws at us and some will pass and some will fail but it all works out in the end.
I would suggest trying to not worry about it too much and just let things happen.
And I have to tell you that as a women I think it's really sweet and cute that you get flustered. I think other girls would think so too and I hope other guys do in my case. Hang in there--Jedoz

Last edited by jedoz; 01-27-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

heartlandguy HB User

That feeling is your heart beating like youíre sprinting toward a finish line. Thatís how attractions work. The important thing is if she feels the same way towards you, she is stressing out the same way. It may seem awkward but as long as you two canít stop grinning at each other, everything is going to be fine.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
(male)

GrampaSimpson HB User

Yeah, i feel like that also. I don't know what to say around girls I like. My voices changes and I basically freeze. So I guess, I try to avoid those situations

Old 01-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

I think it's a common problem. I am the same exact way. With guys I'm not physically attracted to, I am able to be completely myself, funny, charming, and the conversation just flows. But with the men I really, really, really like--forget it. I can never think of anything clever to say, and like you said, my brain just freezes. I guess it's a normal thing because there's so much more at stake when you really like someone. You want to impress them and you want them to like you also, and that creates a lot of pressure, whereas with the other people, you don't care so much if you see them again or not, so it's much easier to be relaxed. Unfortunately, I don't know the remedy to this. I actually love it when a guy is a little shy or awkward around me, I find it cute, and the proof that he is really attracted to me. So hopefully, the girl you are attracted to will also think this way. Men who are too smooth are a turn off; they come across like players and not everyone likes a player. Genuine people are a lot more attractive, in my opinion. Which reminds me that I'll have to see the new movie with Will Smith; it relates to this topic

Closed Thread