It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 02:41 AM   #1
(male)

dreamflyer1 HB User
I need help over coming shyness...

I'm one of the most shy guys anyone can ever meet...
When I say shy, I meen with girls. Anything to do with girls i'm really shy.
I want to be able to talk to the girls that try and talk to me and not be all um, are, um kind of thing. If I like a girl, I want to be able to just walk up to them and say, hey, do you want to go out with me? (all with a bit of homework involved first... ). At the moment, I either end up writing notes and not letting ANYONE see what i'm doing with it and give it to them that way or, txt them, or email...you get my drift.

This is really starting to bother me and I just want to over come it.

If you could please help me overcome this shyness, that would be great...

Thanks

Last edited by dreamflyer1; 04-02-2005 at 02:45 AM. Reason: forgot something... 8-P

Old 04-02-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
(male)

RegnisnuM HB User
Re: I need help over coming shyness...

I have/had the exact same problem. Growing up, i only had one or two friends, and NONE of them were girls, even in middle school I had a huge problem talking to girls. I'd get really shy, my stomach would drop, and i'd forget what i wanted to say, or i'd say something that sounded really stupid.

I realized what i was doing, and my older sister told me she used to be the same way and just overcame it. I kinda think about it everytime i feel nervous about asking a girl out or something, and I tell myself, "Ok, you HAVE to do it by the end of today. You dont have a choice" or maybe its tomorro, or the end of the week.

If you can figure out when you get shy, like, in the middle of it you realize "Ok, i'm doing it again" take deep breaths, calm down, say whatever comes to mind, dont think twice about what you want to say, just say it. If you TRY to act confident, it will at least show a little bit. I know this is harder than it sounds, I've been there and even when theres a girl that i really really wanna go out with, I still get really shy and feel like everything I say is stupid, Its something that takes time. I keep telling myself that I'll get over it next year when i go to college, new place, new start.

Sorry if I didnt help much, its hard to get over being shy, and its also hard to tell someone how to get over it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

TryHonesty HB User

I think RegnisnuM was very helpful. Overcoming shyness doesn't take one day. It's more or less a process. Like he said you have to tell yourself to be brave and confident. Don't let your nerves get the best of you. Once you do start overcoming it, i gurantee you will probably be surprised at how much it payed off.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #4
(male)

dreamflyer1 HB User

Ok, thanks for that guys,

One more thing, this chick.... I say to my self, yip, today i will do it... I leave school at the same time as her and wait for her to get a bit further from school but, when I go to give her a note, I see that she has mates with her, thats what's stoping me at the moment...

HELP

Old 04-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
(male)

dstalker3 HB User

I have the same problems and this thread is helpful so far.. but ugh... I'm also stuck when the girl is ALWAYS with friends... darn... please help us =)

Old 04-05-2005, 02:48 AM   #6
(male)

dreamflyer1 HB User

Please......

Closed Thread