It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
(male)

Prince1 HB User
Shynesss

hi everyone,
I am really shy and quiet and school is becoming hell, i always go red and nearly have a heart attack when eva a teacher askes me a question or talks to me infront of the class and this leaves me stressed from days. Ihate it and cant take it anymore, what is there to do. I always have to scive lessons where its really bad becaus ei hate the humiliation of going red. When ever certain people talk to me my eyes water and i go red and i just hate it, is there anything to make it better?

Old 03-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
Re: Shynesss

It sounds like you have Social Anxiety Disorder. You should go to a psycologist for this, I'm sure he/she could help you. I'm sorry those things happen to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

mimizzy HB User

i used to be really shy and making presentations in front of the class was hell. but when i started talking more to my friends and kinda dominating a convo (which was hard at first)....talking just became a lot easier....and now i can't shutup and i'm not shy at all. i just started off little by little, kinda raising my hand in class more, and talking in small groups of ppl.....slowly working my way up to big groups of people like classrooms. when the teacher asks you a question, it might help to think ur just talking to her one on one instead of talking to the whole class. because chances are....you are talking to her one on one cuz half the class might not even be paying attention. and if they are...they're probably just half asleep waiting for it to be over. no one in class is going to remember what you say after the class is over...............not because they don't care, but just cuz a lot of things get said, and if its nothing memorable...then no one bothers to remember it. so think about it, there's really no reason to be nervous...

Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

technostar HB User

I was EXACTLY like that! I ended up taking depression medication and it worked so well. You should talk to your doctor about axiety medication, it really does help.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
(female)

Tay Tay88 HB User
Smile Re: Shynesss

I know what you're going through

I have social anxiety and when I get in large crowds or around people I dont know I get really nervous. Especially when I'm called on in class.

I get shortness of breath, my chest feels like a rock is sitting on it, my hands and legs feel like jelly as if I have no control over them,I start to shake all over(that one is REALLY noticable), my throat tightens up, I get hot spells, blood rushes to my head so I feel light headed...I could go on and on...

I take some meds for it and also some because I'm bipolar. Most of the time they help but I still have to work through them. Its all about the thought process. (at least for me) I have to think: people are NOT looking at me, they are not laughing /talking behind my back, there is nothing wrong with me, (and this one is really hard for me) if I embarrass myself its no big deal...half the stuff I'm worried about is probably stuff other people arent even noticing.I also have to think what ever happens happens...I can live with it...its not the end of the world.

I also help myself by taking deep breaths and just thinking relaxing thoughts...I know...it sounds impossible at the time BUT it does work if you apply yourself to it.

hope this helped!

Old 03-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
(male)

Prince1 HB User

Thx for the replys guys, i have a doctors appointment wednesday and hopefully he will do something. I heard about medication before but i didnt really think about it being more than shyness (because thats what my mum always told me), but i did some research and seem to fit the social anxiety disorder rather well.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

You're very welcome! I'm glad that you are going to the doctor. Is it your family doctor or a psychiatrist?

Good luck!

Closed Thread