It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #16
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User
Re: Can shyness ever go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Cynic View Post
I'm sorry that your "fact" is:

"the human condition is nothing to embrace so you are better off with the little contact."

That is what you said. If you want to be alone, that is fine. I was posting to a person that did not want to be alone, and shyness was a burden to him. That is all I wanted to say. I was trying to help another person. If that offends you, I apologize.

Your anger comes through your writing. Anger is a good thing at times when it is focused correctly. Maybe we could discuss that in a different forum here.

I leave that to you.
I wish you well.
Tim
Sorry, if I was not clear or you did not follow.

I said "shyness is encoded in some as is hair or eye color or as I said sexual preference" fact

"the human condition is nothing to embrace so you are better off with the little contact." is my opinion

hope this clears things up

why would you think I was offended by you?

not sure what you mean but I am fine and happy and wish the op well

have a great day

Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
(male)

Blackandred HB User

I have social anxiety disorder and i know exactly how your feeling.

The following user gives a hug of support to Blackandred:
ulima (02-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
(female)

beckieweckie HB User

I am & have struggled with shyness from the beginning. When I go to church I dread having the choir sing because they're looking at me. Silly I know, but that's the stuff I suffer with. If you have received any revelations on the subject please let me know & you'll be responsible for making my life better

Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

beckieweckie,
hello! I think that all people are shy, but don't some don't know it ha ha. The fact that you are in choir means that you are not 100% shy and trying to get out of your shell. I will tell you a harsh truth. The fact that you think everyone is looking at you is actually a selfish act. I know that might not sound right because you are shy I know you seem innocence and I am sure you are.

But most shyness comes from worrying that someone is looking at you. Well, that is a self thought. Believe me, there are a billion people in the world and they are not looking at you. They all feel the same way you feel. There is a whole world of people worrying about themselves and people are looking at them. So when you can look at other people with love and compassion and not worry about yourself, the shyness gets less and less as you practice that. I wish you the best and God bless you,
Tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 02-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
ulima (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
(female)

ulima HB User

shyness can go away. you are because of your background and in order to do this you'll have to revisit your past. i would advise counselling for you need professional help. Be strong.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
(male)

Blackandred HB User

Thats a load of rubbish, id love you to try stand on a stage and sing whilst having a panic attack and everyone staring at you, once you try it you wont feel selfish you'll feel scared.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blackandred For This Useful Post:
Positive Cynic (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Blackandred,
You are 100% correct. I too have panic attacks and I know how devastating it can be. But she didn't say she had panic attacks, she just said she was shy. So there is a big different. If you are up to it, I would ask you to find some of my other hundreds of posts. I had a stroke and have epilepsy and you will find that all of my posts are very kind and true.
God Bless,
Tim

Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #23
(male)

Blackandred HB User

Sorry to hear you experienced so many things, are you better now?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thank you buddy,
I am doing well. I hate to tell about myself like this because I am not complaining. But it is hard when I get in the "real" world and try to talk and it is mistaken. It is almost not the worth it of the strength that it takes to write one of these. But I only wish you goodness and happiness. That is my job now ha ha!
God Bless,
Tim

Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
(male)

Blackandred HB User

Thanks you too

Closed Thread