It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

TKHawke HB User
Awkward Talking to Girls

I've got some friends that are girls and I can talk to them no problem. However it feels like it became really awkward with one of them. We used to talk sometimes during class and even walked around talking during P.E. I'm always terrible at trying to compliment a girl, not that I give them bad compliments but that I'm just to shy to even say it to them! I always feel like it'll sound weird to them. So finally one day I managed to tell her that she looked nice. Since then it's felt really awkward. We hardly even speak to each other now and when I do try to talk her I can't think of anything to say or her responses just kind of sounds like she's not all that interested. Like I try to have a conversation with her but she just says like one thing and doesn't keep the conversation going. Same thing happened with a friend on the track team. I would talk with her cause we were both doing high jump and did have some times where we would talk to one another but then suddenly we stopped talking so much and like the other girl when I would talk to her it just sounds like she doesn't have much interest with talking to me. I'm almost constantly worrying about what others think of me and this really gets to me because then I feel like either I messed up somewhere or they just don't want to talk with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
(male)

LAX21 HB User
Re: Awkward Talking to Girls

You are over thinking it. If you gave the girl a sincere, not sexual compliment and she is treating you the way that you say, then you don't need friends like that.

Be yourself. Be friendly. Be talkative if you want to talk. If it comes back then great. If it doesn't move on. At least you'll know you stayed true to yourself.

Girls are hard to understand. Relax. It gets easier

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
(male)

tariq456 HB User

If you really want to talk her then just talk to her and don't think what will be the answer and her react .

Old 12-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User

listen to me

youre doing fine
keep being yourself if she feels offended because you gave her a compliment then do cease and desist that fake friendship

i once shared the same problem
heres is what i did

i pretended when talking to men that this was about business so automatically it takes off the edge once you broke the icing its easy

dont put a lotta thinking into it just go with the flow

years later im cured and im the one friends always ask please approach her for me

good luck

Last edited by MissAnnaAmy; 12-21-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Closed Thread