It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shyness Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

hello4 HB User
shy smile

This is embarrassing for me, so I just wondered if anybody else has problems with this & if they managed to get around it.

Almost every time somebody has conversation with me- if the person is looking at me for too long, too close to me, or just that I've been put on the spot, asked a question, I suddenly cannot speak. It could be as harmless as how are you? Or, what do you think about this? instead of being able to answer like normal people, I get all shy & in an aid to conceal that I am getting shy, I pull this uncontrollable smile. I just can't help it.

It's only when I look away, or they look away that I am able to straighten myself out and continue speaking. Usually once I get shy and this happens, I am not able to continue the conversation for much longer at all or I just have to look at the floor and not at the person. Most of the time I have to do this so to try and avoid this embarrassing thing from happening.

I've always been shy from a kid but it did start to get better as I got into my teens. This shyness that I am experiencing now has within the last couple years been getting worse. I thought as you got older, it was to get better. I'm into my 20s now & it's really destroying my social life!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
(male)

VeganRAw HB User
Re: shy smile

That's how I am!! When someone has a conversation with me, it doesn't last long.. just a few sec. That's why I am having a hard finding a job as a CNA. I do bad at interviews.
I don't think I will ever get hired unless I e-mail them and explain that I am shy, but I can do the job etc.. I might start e-mailing . Typing and writing are very convenient for us shy people. ;\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply