HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Shyness (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/shyness/)
-   -   What do girls think about shy boys? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/shyness/909089-what-do-girls-think-about-shy-boys.html)

VeganRAw 07-11-2012 06:58 PM

What do girls think about shy boys?

I'm just wondering!

I never had a gf or female friends because I am very shy. I want to meet some, but I am afraid since I am too shy.

What do you think of us? :) boring or ? ^^

wachix 08-01-2012 02:28 PM

Re: What do girls think about shy boys?

Most girls enjoy outgoing guys. Some are attracted to shy guys out of nurturing instinct or such, but rarely does a girl look at a guy and get attracted because he's so shy.

Outgoing guys are in high demand because they're not intimidated by girls. They're fun to be around and not boring. It's easy to relax around someone who is confident.

There's a secret you may not know though... Girls are just like guys, except they have vaginas and like shiny things. They snort, spit, poo, fart, pick their nose and have just as many insecurities as guys - often many more so.

It doesn't matter how popular and beautiful a girl is, beneath the surface they're all the same aside from personality differences. Even a tough "I don't care" type girl will have many of the same worries and concerns a prissy socialite has.

Perhaps knowing this will help you be more outgoing with girls. You have nothing to lose. Girls are not magical beings.
You can research how to approach girls online and find some really good info. It's all about being assertive, open, direct and unafraid. Girls respond extremely favorably to confidence.

Try and put yourself in situations where you'll be surrounded by girls/women in a non threatening cooperative environment. Like a cooking class.

Sorry for the ramble, but I used to be shy before - until I realized it was the most useless thing in the world. It had been with me from my upbringing and it took a conscious change of mind to drop that frame of mind. So good luck :)

michellegrl 10-30-2012 02:53 PM

not boring
just wish you can build up some courage and approach and ask me out orjust show us youre comfortable
even though its difficult

a little at a time
is achievable!

ignoreen 11-07-2012 08:43 PM

I personally find shy people repellent and extraordinarily dull.

But that's just me.

I like a confident, friendly, outgoing guy who is not obnoxious and loud, but who willingly contributes to any conversation and who is willing to approach me and say "Hi ig. how's it going? Wanna go do ___ with me?" where ___ is some nonromantic activity in a public place like a walk or watching a baseball game at a pub.

You are shy. Therefore you need to match yourself to someone who is not disliking that you are shy. You dont want to pretend to be somebody you are not - you just need to come out of your shell a little and figure out who you are and what you stand for - knowing your core beliefs will help you speak with more confidence on any topic.

Figure out what type of person that is, and go meet them! Try meeting in neutral nonromantic settings - it takes the pressure off in the beginning of the relationship and gives both people an easy out if they find out they just "want to be friends" eg are not that into each other. The best pickup line I've ever heard is "Hi I'm ____" where ____ is your name, along with a friendly smile.

Good luck!

MissAnnaAmy 11-29-2012 03:14 PM

they think
what a cute guy i wish he can open his mouth and talk

Znky 07-06-2013 07:17 AM

Personally I have been shy from kid to teenager and it does take a conscious effort as another poster said, to break out of this. I am still an introvert by nature as much as I want to be outgoing etc its just not my natural state.. so with attraction to guys I find I need them to be a little more confident than me, so the balance is right. If a guy was too similar to me then i dont think we'd get anywhere.

So maybe you need a girl who is a bit more outgoing, or if you find a shy girl maybe it will make you more confident since you wont be intimidated!

Just try be a bit more open and talkative it will make things easier :)