It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User
Post Sinus Infection

I've always had problems with my sinuses. While on the East Coast, I've had sinus infections off and on. Since we moved to the West Coast last year, I've had about 3 or 4 sinus infections. My throat hurt, I've been sneezing, always blowing my nose and the back of my eyes hurt. I also have a very slight headache. My face around my eyes hurt. I had a sinus infection about a month ago, went on medicine but now it's back. Is there anything I can take to prevent sinus infections? I also take synthyroid for my thyroid so I have to watch what I take. Are sinuses worst on the West Coast? I heard it is because it's always damp here (Oregon). Could it be more than just sinuses like other allergies? When I had sinus infections before, it was different, it was worst than a cold but now, I feel fine and able to do things but I'm just all congested. Any information will be appreciated.

Thank You,

Bernice

Old 09-04-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
I think you may have allergies. I have heard that some doctors cannot tell the difference in a sinus infection and allergy symptoms. I have alot of allergy problems and am also hypothyroid and on Levoxyl for that. I heard that thyroid problems and allergies seem to coincide alot. Since spring I have had problems almost every day. I have headaches, pressure in my head, eyes ache, sneezing, and I am tired alot. You could try an allergy med. instead. When I went to the doctor, I also thought it was a sinus infection, and I was given allegra. It does help, doesn't cure you, but helps with the symptoms. If you do a search for where you live, and check out the mold, pollen counts etc., this may help you narrow it down a little. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
Inactive

quickfix HB User
I took Allegra, but I still got Sinus Infections alot.
Allegra doesn't help indoor allergies such as mold and
dust, dander, etc.
I take Zyrtec and its been a life saver, but I want to
switch to Clarinex, because I think the Zyrtec makes you hungry.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:06 AM   #4

tscott71267 HB User
If I understood her correctly, my doctor told me that allergies can cause sinus problems. I have had a lot of sinus infections over the past 4 years, which started with my first pregnancy. The last time I saw a doctor she put me on Zyrtec saying that aiding the allergy symptoms would help prevent the sinus infections. That was about 5 months ago and I haven't had an infection since. Hope that helps.

Closed Thread