It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #1

eman22 HB User
Post Sinus Swelling but no Mucus

My sinuses swell terribly causing bad pressure discomfort; however, I irrigate my nose twice a day with a saline solution and take antihistamines and therefore have very little mucus buildup. I can breath fine out of my nose, but the pressure is still there. This causes my Eustation tubes (ears) to feel plugged up. Does anyone have any suggestions to help releive the pressure from my sinuses? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #2

CaliBoy HB User
I have the same problem. I have been on allergy shots for 1.5 years, nad they have helped. But right now my allergies are going off, and that persistent pounding at teh back of my nose (right where the eustachian tubes connect) is tough to take.

Do you take shots?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 07:15 AM   #3

eman22 HB User
I took shots for about 3 months, helped with the allergies a little. I have the same problems with my eustation tubes feeling plugged up due to sinus issues. They "pop" constantly when I talk and I notice that my sinuses feel worse with stress. Drives me crazy. For the longest time I thought it was strickly an ear problem but now I know that my sinuses are directly related. Any idea's on a possible treatment?

Old 08-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #4

injuredlist HB User
I'm in the same situation (shots for 1.5 years, frequent irrigation). I had sinus surgery, which actually allowed me to get the saline solution into my sinuses (before they were completely blocked), and after about a year the mucus stopped building up. But now I'm still stuck with the pressure.

Are you guys on meds? What kinds?

Also, have you found the pressure and other symptoms are accompanied by any noticeable facial swelling and/or edema-type symptoms?

Closed Thread