HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sinus Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sinus-problems/)
-   -   inflamed sinus and dizzyness (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sinus-problems/13047-inflamed-sinus-dizzyness.html)

freeazabutterfly 06-23-2003 03:13 PM

inflamed sinus and dizzyness

Please can anyone give suggestions or maybe someone else has expereinced this.

I have had mild sinus problems until about 4 months ago. I woke up so dizzy I couldnt stand up. I went to ent they did a cat scan of my sinus and they are filled with fluid. they are also inflamed very badly.

the only time i feel decent is if i take masive steroids. i had to stop because they caused serious side effects.

so they want me to have surgery so they could fix my deviated septum and surgically drain my sinsus.

iam alaways dizzy and have no balance its ruining my life i cant function and enjoy every day things. i get dizzy even if im walking its like i cannot balance. i ear popping and crunching in my ears or near my neck im not even sure. its causeing me to have severe anxity and depression. i dont know what to do . please can someone give me suggestions. and the thing is they said well we dont know if surgery will help the dizzy problem.

BritNC 08-22-2003 06:47 PM

Hi, it's been a couple of months since you posted...hope you've found relief? If not, I'd go with your docs advise and have the surgery, you need to get that fluid and matter out. Or it will worsen. I've suffered from some of the same and will have surgery soon, i work at a med facility, have researched this, and feel good about surgery as an option in such severe cases as ours. Lots of luck, hope you feel better!

divajz 06-03-2005 09:59 AM

Re: inflamed sinus and dizzyness

Hello all - I'm new here........hope yo can answer my question. I also have just started getting dizzy spells, upon awaking, even while lying down, and takes while for me to get steady in the morning......I'm assuming it is temporary sinus problem........won't it just eventually go away once the fluid drains? Will it help if I just use some regular of the counter meds like sudafed??

Jeanette :wave:

wmkcolors 06-03-2005 12:49 PM

I've had traumatic dizzy spells. The only thing that helped was if I actually took a small dose of a motion sickness medicine, like Dramamine. I don't like to take medicine, but I was desperate and it seems to work. It will make you tired, but the sleep seemed to help reduce the dizziness as well.

Tranzwarp 06-04-2005 05:20 PM

I have known allergy problems and sinus issues to boot. About 5 months ago I started experiencing some lightheadedness, which the doc attributed to an on-coming sinus infection. The infection did hit, and hit hard. Had another doozy of an infection 2weeks ago, which has cleared up...finally...but the feeling of being off balance has persisted.

Perhaps I should try Dramamine in small doses as well.

Halls 06-05-2005 11:15 AM

Try a round of Prednison(steroids) that your doctor can give you and it will help decrease the inflammation, but sinus inflammation is hard to get rid of.

leelee04 06-05-2005 07:07 PM

Hi Halls

How are you doing? How did the surgery go, Hopefully your feeling better by now.

Lisa

Halls 06-06-2005 08:41 AM

Well, my surgery went well. I am 2 weeks post op at the moment. I have a stint in place that is causing swelling and allergy like symptoms that are unbearable. I just took a weeks worth of Prednisons to try and relieve some of the symptoms, but now they are coming back. Until i get that stint out and can start to really recover I'm not sure I can tell a difference in anything. I'm so dizzy and the inflammtion causes that. And of course sinus surgery is going to make the inflammtion worse, so what did i expect? So, I just take Advil round the clock and stay busy so i don't focus on the dizzy's. One of thes days I'd like to be dizzy free, but whether or not that happens I don't know.

Oh, my surgery was really interesting. My ENT discovered there was a membrane that had been blocking the frontal sinus drain into the ethmoid cavity all of my life. So, all my life i have had disfuctioning sinuses(figures). He broke through the membrane and now my frontal sinus is working properly. SO, this has got to be good news one way or the other, LOL! He seemed quite pleased with the surgery so maybe I am getting better. It just is a slow process.

Thanks for asking!