It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 07:19 PM   #1

juxta HB User
Unhappy Chronic Sinus problems and Mold Ė I CANíT SLEEP!

Chronic Sinus problems and Mold Ė I CANíT SLEEP!

I have chronic sinus problems and itís affecting my sleep!
About two Ė three years ago I moved in a mobile home in FL, two weeks or so after moving in my eyes started to itch and water a lot, sneezing and runny nose was the norm of the day. The itchy eyes only lasted for about a month or so on and off. This, followed by frequent sinus infection, I moved from there after a year of suffering ( moved next door). The burning eyes disappeared, but the chronic sinus stay with me. Before moving in the mobile home I never had any problems with my sinus. I have since then moved to CA, itchy eye and sinus infections are but a dream to me now. I still have sinus problems that I know was triggered from that mobile home. I suspect mold, but no visible evidence could be shown so it was never pursued.

I still have sinus problems. Every time I lay down to go to sleep one side of my nose is blocked and it moves to the left or right when I turn, so I suspect mucus. I have taken x-rays, but they were negative, meaning my frontal and maxillary sinuses on both sides were free from pus or infection. I feel no pain and have no fever. As soon as I get up my nose is not blocked, I could breath again! It seems like the mucus has gone into a hollow place in my face and comes out when Iím in a horizontal position.

I canít sleep, I breathe through my month so my month gets dry and it seems Iím hyperventilating breathing through my month. My daughter seems to have the same problem but not as sever as mine. I have taking antibiotics (this didnít work) and tried nose irrigation, which help to relieve my sinuses to a point.

Can anyone help??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 09:19 PM   #2

Palomeno18 HB User
Re: Chronic Sinus problems and Mold Ė I CANíT SLEEP!

Hi, I suffer from sinus problems as well. I suffer more when the weather turns cold. I am fine, I can breath in the day time but the moment I lay down my nose gets stuffy and I can not breath right. I use Vicks vapor rub during the night to clear my nose up. I have also used to Vicks nasal inhalor.

Have you seen a doctor about your sinus problems?

Hope you feel better

Palomeno18

Old 12-13-2003, 07:24 AM   #3

juxta HB User
Talking Re: Chronic Sinus problems and Mold Ė I CANíT SLEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomeno18
Hi, I suffer from sinus problems as well. I suffer more when the weather turns cold. I am fine, I can breath in the day time but the moment I lay down my nose gets stuffy and I can not breath right. I use Vicks vapor rub during the night to clear my nose up. I have also used to Vicks nasal inhalor.

Have you seen a doctor about your sinus problems?

Hope you feel better

Palomeno18

Me too! As soon as I lay down one side gets stuffed.

At first I was prescribed antibiotics, that didnít work. I moved since seeing one again. I have an appointment to see a Doctor in a few weeks (Internal Med). I also have Vicks nasal inhaler and starting to irrigate, again. Iíve read that sea salt with warm water are good for this, Iíll you know in a few days. What about you, have you seen a Doctor ?
How long have you had sinus problems ? This is going on my third year. Do you know the cause ?

Thank you for replying.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxta
Chronic Sinus problems and Mold Ė I CANíT SLEEP!

I have chronic sinus problems and itís affecting my sleep!

Can anyone help??????
Have you read my thread on "How I fixed my sinus problems"?

Old 07-18-2004, 12:36 AM   #5

CokeNoIce HB User

OMG!! I CAN HELP!! I had this exact same problem!

After going to hundreds of quacks, i finally got put on a med called Topamax. It doesn't take away the allergies, but it relieves the severe pressure that was causing me not to sleep for 3 freaking years. I feel your pain, seriously. Now that I'm sleeping, I just take regular allergy pills like Claritin along with it. It's not perfect, but Topamax gets me to sleep and allows me to function normally again. I'm still looking into the cause though, and I think I found it. I think you might need to check on your frontal sinuses. There's an extended frontal endocscopic sinus surgery that you might want to ask your doctor about. Most people just have the endoscopic surgery done, but the problem is...it doesn't touch the frontal sinuses which are behind the brow...and that's what caused my lack of sleeping for 3 years. What your suffering from sounds almost exactly like it.

I hope this stuff helps. Cause Topamax will get you back to functioning again, but the ultimate goal is to get back to normal and not have to take meds for the rest of your life. Topamax should help you sleep and make you feel world's better. They start you off on a small dosage and work your way into a larger one so it builds up in your body. I'm so glad I found it. The funny thing is...I didn't get it from an ENT. I went to a Neurologist and she was the one who suggested it. Once I was sleeping again, my brain was rested enough to start figuring out what the cause of all this crap was from...that's when I started to piece together the frontal sinus problem. It's like my frontal sinuses weren't draining correctly. They had to be opened up after being messed up for so long.

Good Luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-22-2004 at 05:11 PM. Reason: do not post commercial websites

Closed Thread