It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Unhappy Weird Sinus Crap

Hello-

I have a full head with Sinus pressure and slight pain and it makes me feel doozy headed.Iam running a temp(low grade),but dont think I have a Sinus Infection.I have no drainage only stuffy stopped up with the above mentioned.

Im using Ocean Nasal Spray,taking a pain reliever,drinking lots of water and Vitamin C.I was wondering how many Vitamin C's I can take at one time or per day.

I have the Good Sense brand 250 MG Confirmed Release at 417 % Daily Value.Also,if it does turn into a Sinus Infection,is there any way possible I can treat it myself without having to take an Antibiotic?

I have some Pan Mist Jr's left over from another Cold but they expired in 9-01.I know the shelf life is longer than the experation.Do you think they would be ok to take?

Thanks yours in suffering

Old 01-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chigs489 HB User
Re: Weird Sinus Crap

I hope you are not suffering from the same thing I am...

I had an upper respatory tract infection in early November. was coughing up green stuff, had a slight fever, weakness, etc. Didn't go to the doctor, and it eventually started going away.

Then, when I thought I had kicked it, I developed sinus problems, which include mild pain/headaches, most often on the top of the forehead, behind the ears, etc. My nose was chronically stuffed up, and I was clearing my throat all the time. I also felt mild dizziness and lightheadedness. In addition to the head problems, I developed asthmatic symptoms, and my doctor put me on Advair 250/50.

The lung problems are solved -I can breathe fine (I'm off the Advair). But the sinus problems remain. Just like you, my discharge is clear, and there is little evidence of any kind of infection. My doctor thinks it's allergy related.

I've taken Zyrtec (helped with congestion, but made me feel groggy and "hung over"), Nasocort (didn't do anything), and a couple otc antihistamines.

The ONLY relief I have gotten, is from doing the following:

1. I purchased a nasal irrigation system (Grossan) for about $150 [url]http://www.allergystore.net/hydropulse.html[/url].

I mix 450ml of warm water with a small amount of baking soda, sea salt & Alkalol (a topical mucous and solvent cleaner). I then irrigate my sinuses with it -it doesn't hurt much at all, although it feels a bit weird. I feel considerably less stuffy and lightheaded after doing this.

*you don't have to purchase an irrigation system. You can get a spray bottle, fill it with the ingredients listed above, and spray it into your nostrals while in the shower. See the allergy board for more info.

2. I put HEPA filters in my living room and bedroom.

Now some questions:

How long have you had these symptoms?
Does the Ocean Nasal Spray seem to work at all?
What is Good Sense Brand 250MG Confirmed Release? An antihistamine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread